Edit the answers in the question thread of the bot

(Ivan) #1

Hello, I need help with a question. How to make a response with a link to open a page without the ability to get it later, and immediately go.

(Daniel Beckett) #2

Hi @disc0v3r

Images and Cards can send links to external sites if thatā€™s what youā€™re looking for? :slight_smile:

(Ivan) #3
  1. Yes, will come, and there is a possibility to put the URL in response to the bot and then the URL to use as the trigger or filter?
  2. Please tell me how to configure the bot to be able to communicate with the client. Look like this. There is a stream of ā€œWelcomeā€ according to the START / MENU. And in order not to multiply bots and streams, how can you combine ā€œGreetingā€ with questions of this type:
    a) Need help / help / help
    b) Let me talk to you / How you doing / who are You / What you know
    c) How much is / how to get / Price / Services
    I would understand how it works not to copy threads and not to multiply them, given that in a thread can be up to 100 action ( question / answer)
(Daniel Beckett) #4

Hi Ivan,

Images and Cards can send links to external sites but thereā€™s no option for adding a hyperlink to a send message action unfortunately. To pass metadata to the bot to use in a filter you can use the Web Messenger API.

For the flow trigger you could group your words in phrase groups (see Bot Triggers & Actions). For example:

hello [greeting]
hi [greeting]
hey [greeting]
bye [farewell]
exit [farewell]

(Ivan) #5

Then tell me how to use inside the thread?
hello [greeting]
hi [greeting]
hey [greeting]
bye [farewell]
exit [farewell]
how to do [trigger] to start a response inside a thread

(Daniel Beckett) #6

Sorry but Iā€™m not quite understanding what you mean by ā€˜start a response inside a threadā€™? The trigger words and groups are used on a New Message trigger which is the first action in the flow. You can filter actions inside the flow to run based on the first message received by adding filters for the message or the message group.

Thereā€™s a couple of tutorials that you may want to check out for some extra information:

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

(Ivan) #7

I meant how to give a response to the user not in order, but depending on [the word] inside the stream. Not only at first, but throughout the stream. That was not in a row, and depending on the words written. :slight_smile:

hi [greeting]
hey [greeting]
bye [farewell]
exit [farewell]

(Karen Barker) #8

Hi Ivan,

If you trigger a flow with using the example above with the keyword ā€œHiā€ when you look at your Interaction logs for the details of the trigger you will see there is a ā€œgroupā€ output which would be filled with the value ā€œgreetingā€.

You can use this ā€œGroupā€ output to filter all the following actions in the flow so that you only send certain messages if the flow was triggered with a keyword in the ā€œgreetingā€ group or others for those triggered by the ā€œfarewellā€ group.

If you install the Template flow ā€œFrequently Asked Questionsā€ then you should be able to see this in action. :slight_smile:

(Ivan) #9

I do not quite understand. :smirk:
So, if in the stream I will show bot filters in each of the stages, the answers are not in order, and depending on the filter?
How can this be implemented in the settings, can be an example? :sunglasses:

(Daniel Beckett) #10

Hi Ivan,

The FAQ template is the best example for this as it shows how the filters can be used for phrase groups or messages.

Hereā€™s an example.

You could have six trigger words with two groups:

Hi [Greeting]
Hey [Greeting]
Hello [Greeting]
Bye [Goodbye]
See ya [Goodbye]
Farewell [Goodbye]

In the above example there are tow phrase groups that can be used in a Filter. Greeting & Goodbye.

So, letā€™s say that I want to send a message to the user if they say Hi, Hey, or Hello. I can use the phrase group to do this by adding the following to my filter:

Alternatively I could just search for a specific message and use that in the filter:

The key difference here is that the value weā€™re searching for is {{user_is_asking_a_question.message}} instead of {{user_is_asking_a_question.group}}

Hopefully that helps. If you have any questions please let me know. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Dan

(Ivan) #11

Hello, thanks for the reply with screenshots!
In parentheses indicate the filter better in Latin letters, or the processor works with Cyrillic?

Same inters as if the person did not select an answer to the question, and just wrote it, the bot says that you have to choose the answer, and it simply is not presentā€¦ it is replaced by the text that you need to make a choiceā€¦

(Karen Barker) #12

Hi Ivan,

Latin characters do display better within Flow XO, however Cyrillic characters do also work - make sure you use the Flow XO logo to select the value variable for the filter though.

Can you please share a screen shot of this happening? Typing the answer as long as it matches one of the choice buttons should still work. You should also be offered the choice buttons again when the question is re-asked after an unknown answer.

(Ivan) #13

To the end do not understand what You meant on account of the first question is about the logoā€¦

(Daniel Beckett) #14

Hi Ivan,

The icon can be seen when editing an action, for example in send a message:

(Ivan) #15

Thank You. I understand how to do the filters, left the last question is not disclosed.

If I create a stream and specify different groups in each response filter, will the bot respond if there are these words associated with the group, rather than in order? ({{user_is_asking_a_question.group}})

As you can catch the group for a personal response to the bot saw a group of words and sent this appeal to me for the answer?

It would be convenient to configure the bot for the task, not the flow. And then too many actions for a short manipulation of subscribersā€¦ That is, we take one bot and configure it groups to which it reacts, and within the flow already gives an answer depending on the group of wordsā€¦ And so it turns out you need to create a thread under the same group in which only a few answers to these words, and not the whole groupā€¦

Very expensive will cost a cool intelligent assistant.

The more possibilities to respond, the more you need to clone streams and bots, though the stream can consist of 1 to 2 actions as in the example about consultation and price.
In order to tell the client what price and what services are available, it is necessary to create at least 2 streams for normal operationā€¦

(Sarah Palombo) #16

Hi Ivan :wave:

Thereā€™s several ways to build Flows. The first is a bit easier

• Grouped Keywords triggering separate flows.

Flow One - Greeting
    Flow Two - Goodbye
    Flow Three - Pay
    Flow Four - Help

Each flow sends different messages / questions now you know which option has been chosen.

• Instead, you can use one flow that uses Goto a Label so that you can go to a section of a flow (go to Pay or Help for instance)

Your flow would look something like this

Keyword triggers [Groups]
Go to label (Pay)
Go to label (Help)
Label Pay
Send a message pay
Other actions for pay.
Go to Label Next
Label Help
Send a message help
Other actions for help.
Go to label Next
Label Next
More messages - if you need to provide more options or show your menu/options

Hopefully that helps feel free to email support at support@flowxo.com if you need a further discussion :slight_smile:

2 Likes
(Ivan) #17

Thank you very much for the sensible answer! Just long thought how to implement these chains of interaction with the user.

Is it possible to integrate the bot with Analytics services?

2 Likes
(Sarah Palombo) #18

Thereā€™s different Analytics you might be interested in knowing more about

• Our Analytics

• Google Analytics

• For other web based services, just use the Webhooks & HTTP which is a great way of transferring information through simple HTTP posts (Youā€™ll just need to refer to the services API docs where you should find an example)

• Some users compile extra 'metrics ā€™ by sending information to Google Sheets

Hope that helps

Sarah :blush:

1 Like
(Ivan) #19

Excellent answer, thank you! :relaxed:

(Ivan) #20

You did not answer about my question about the fact that the bot gives you a choice of buttons, if the people on them donā€™t click, the bot writes what you need to make a choice and select buttons missing