Can't Connect to AWS RDS MariaDB

(Ryan Nails) #1

I’m trying to connect my bot to Amazon AWS RDS, using MariaDB

But every time I tried to “Test Connection” it says Failed… Nothing is wrong, I can connect to my database remotely by using HeidiSQL with the same username, password, and everything, so why FlowXO cannot?

Here’s what my configuration look like:

Name: AWS DB
Host: axxxa.xxxxx.ap-southeast-1.rds.amazonaws.com
Port: Default
DB Name: LOL_data
Username: BubbleBlues
Password: xxxxxxxxx
NO SSL

Connect to Amazon MariaDB
(Ryan Nails) #2

Hi, FlowXO team

Just for your info I set the security group in the AWS to allow all traffic to access my database… I can connect my database using HeidiSQL, but everytime I “Test Connection” in flowxo it always said Failed Connection

Also, I try another database using an ordinary web host with wildcard remote mysql in Cpanel to allow all traffic (%.%.%.%). It also has the same result, Flowxo refused the connection. This is very weird it’s the same connection I used all the time but why FlowXO refused it now?

Any help would be appreciated, guys… because this is kind of emergency for me

(Ryan Nails) #3

Ok, guys… now I can’t even connect to any MySQL database at all.

I check the credentials twice, and I even check to allow all connections to MySQL using wildcard (%.%.%.%) and still FlowXO failed to connect.

On AWS, I even set the security group to allow all inbound and outbound traffic, yes I can connect using HeidiSQL but FlowXO always failed

What’s happening here?

(Daniel Beckett) #4

Hi there,

It looks like you’ve posted this issue over to us on the support helpdesk so we’ll take a look over there and get back to you.

Thanks,
Dan

(Marc Louie Cabigas) #5

Hello Flow Team,

I got this problem “Failed to connect your account, please check the details you’ve provided.” When I going to test connection.

I used localhost phpmyadmin.

Please Help me!

Hi @mcfaith,

it’s not a good thing post same answer more one time, if you create a new post it should be delete post above.
See my answer here

Even if the action to connect to a mysql db seems a great feature i’ll never grant access to write to a my db server.
I should develop a webservice to do it and i’d use webhook action.

(Marc Louie Cabigas) #8

:slight_smile: @ChaosMkt

Ohhh. Thank you for telling so :slight_smile: