Anyone Please Help! Database Connection Problem

(Marc Louie Cabigas) #1

I got this problem. When I do Test Connection it says “Failed to connect your account, please check the details you’ve provided.”

I used localhost phpmyadmin. Doing testing to store data from flow to my database

I’m assuming you provided a password but just omitted it here. Did you configure your db to whitelist the ip address from your flowxo connection? And are you using SSL?

1 Like

Hi @mcfaith,

actually your local enviroment it’s not accessible from outside, but only by software on your machine.
With host equals to 127.0.0.1 you are telling to flowxo to connect with a mysql server on the same machine not on your

1 Like
Can't Connect to AWS RDS MariaDB

Even if the action to connect to a mysql db seems a great feature i’ll never grant access to write to a my db server.
I should develop a webservice to do it and i’d use webhook action.

1 Like
(Marc Louie Cabigas) #5

Wow thank you for replying on this.

Is there other way do that?

storing value to local database like MariaDB?

To do so you need:

1. a public and static IP address
  2. grant a user db to access from any host
  3. your pc/mac must be always on and connected to internet

if you don’t have a public static IP address you must have a dynamic DNS service

I suggest you to use a Google sheet and then import data in your local db manually.
Read FlowXO guide here: https://medium.com/flowxo/using-google-sheets-in-flow-xo-4535d904514f

1 Like

@Marc Does it really need to be on your local machine? Can’t you use a cloud hosting provider for your db

1 Like
(Marc Louie Cabigas) #8

@johnConnor If you want to use your local DB, you most use ngrok to make your local db live.

1 Like