Need help with test-bot

(Nikita Podgainiy) #1

Hi to everyone!
I need a bot, wich will perfom a testing of users.

It shoul work in such way:

1. I have a Google sheet with questions and answers.
  2. A user initiats a test.
  3. Bot chooses a random question from the google sheet and sends it to user.
  4. User sends an answer to the bot.
  5. Bot compares an answer from user and from google sheet.
  6. If the answer is correct - bot send a message that the anwer is correct and then send a new question.
  7. If the answer is incorrect - bot send a correct answer from google sheet and then send a new questin.

Could somebody help my with that?

(Anish Duggal) #2

Hi Nikita,

Until someone who knows a lot more than I do gets back to you this article on FlowXo’s Medium page might help. And you can install the flows from the page to understand more.

2 Likes
(Nikita Podgainiy) #3

Thanks a lot! It`s really works.
However, I need some extra functions…bot should choose a random question from the google sheet and send it to user.

(Anish Duggal) #4

The NUMBER service has a random number generator with a minimum and maximum setting which might help you.

Then you could use the random number to match with a row in google sheets to pull the question. Which is beyond my abilities, someone from the dev team might be able to help you.

You would probably have to use some attributes so the same question doesn’t get asked too soon. Again beyond my abilities, just a thought.

(Nikita Podgainiy) #5

Anish, thanks. Ive understood an idea, but I dont know how to perfom it :frowning:

Flow XO team, could you help? Ive looked through all the videos and read a forum, but dont understand how to “call” a random questions from google sheets.

(Anish Duggal) #6

You are very welcome.

When you do work out this out please share.

(Karen Barker) #7

Hi Nikita,

There’s a great thread here that should help you with using the random number generator. If you’re still having issues just ask. :thumbsup:

(Wumi Olatunji) #8

Hi Karen,

I’m trying to achieve the similar results as Nikita but haven’t had a headway even after following the steps in the link you shared.

The idea: Create a quiz using Google Sheets where questions asked are randomized.

• How does the output from the number generator tie with the question id in the sheet?
  • Then how do I make the corresponding question display using an Ask a Question action?

Can you help with this?

Thanks in advance.
Wumi

(Karen Barker) #9

Hi @Wumi_Olatunji, :wave:

Your Google Sheet will need to be set up with columns for Question ID and Question. The Question ID column will be numbers 1 - 10 for example if it’s a 10 question quiz.

You’ll then use the random number generator to select a number between 1 and 10.

Once you have the random number you need to do a Google Sheets Search to return the row where Question ID = random number generated.

You can then use the results of the Search rows to populate an Ask a Question action to ask the first of your questions. Whenever you want to use a result from a previous action in the flow just click the Flow XO icon at the right hand side of the input box and you’ll be shown all the options you have available to use.

You could also use GoTo Labels to repeat these steps until you have asked all (or up to a maximum of 20) questions.

I hope this helps :thumbsup:

(Wumi Olatunji) #10

Hi @KarenBarker,

Thanks for your speedy response. I’ll go with the steps and update you.

Regards.

(Wumi Olatunji) #11

Thanks @Karen_Barker,

It worked!

1 Like