Location Quick Reply error message

(Andrew Catchpole) #1

I cant find any documentation that says that Location Quick Reply has been depreciated.

(#100) Location Quick Reply is now deprecated on API 4.0. Please refer to our Developer Documentation for more info.

Is this no longer supported in FlowXO??

Request
{
“text”:“Please tap ‘Send Location’ below:”,
“quick_replies”:[
{
“content_type”:“location”
}
]
}
Metadata
{}

(Nathan Stults) #2

No, no specific action has been taken inside of Flow XO to deprecate or remove support for that, however I think you have to use a Custom Response to make use of that feature. Flow XO to my knowledge never had built in support for location based quick replies.

(Andrew Catchpole) #3

@nathan
The following was documented by @Autosermo in Nov 2016

Location Button (Messenger) - Making sending your location easy :)

Also just to note that with Flow XO’s ‘custom request’ bot action, you can use just the following code too:

{
“text”:“Please share your location:”,
“quick_replies”:[
{
“content_type”:“location”
}
]
}

Flowxo returns the following error:
(#100) Location Quick Reply is now deprecated on API 4.0. Please refer to our Developer Documentation for more info.

It was working until recently

The original method using the Graph API call is more complicated to set up and maintain i.e. required Page Tokens

I just need a simple and quick way to get the users location - any suggestions?

(Nathan Stults) #4

Andrew, Facebook has removed this capability from its platform:
https://developers.facebook.com/docs/messenger-platform/send-messages/quick-replies/#locations

(Andrew Catchpole) #5

@nathan
Thanks for the reference to this announcement.
It is rather frustrating that key functionality has been “depreciated” with no alternative method being immediately available (not Flowxo’s fault I know).
I assume you dont have any visibility of a new Facebook Location Quick reply method or any other approach other than asking the user to send find the Location feature?
Regards Andrew

(Nathan Stults) #6

Hi Andrew - unfortunately I’m not aware of an alternative, other than asking the user to send their location manually. If you come across one would love to know about it, but Facebook is in the process of stripping out a whole lot of functionality from Messenger in general.

Nathan