How to filter csv using multiple inputs?

(Brandon Saxon) #1

Hey everyone! I’m very new to this, so apologies in advance if this is a stupid question, but I tried searching and couldn’t come up with an answer that quite fit what I was looking for. For my website, I’d like users to be able to tell me (or the bot, rather) the year, model, and engine size of their vehicle and then I compare that input against a csv of vehicles that my product is compatible with. I see the option to add a Google Sheet search in the bot flow, but as far as I can tell, I can only add one searchable input/variable at a time. If I collect the user’s year, model, and engine, is there a way to then compare all three against the csv so the bot can then point the user towards related products? I tried to have three actions where each compared a specific input against a specific row, but then I realized that it because it was not checking all three at the same time, it was return false positives. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Question options from sheet values?
(Ruth Malone) #2

As far as I know you are right that you can only have one searchable variable at a time. Could you get round the issue by concatenating the year, model and engine in the spreadsheet, and then searching against that?

(Brandon Saxon) #3

Thank you for the advice! Concatenating never even occurred to me, but would work perfectly!