Back to the main flow after capturing files

(Roman Shlyapkin) #1

Hi,
I don’t understand how I can come back to the main flow after capturing files from the special flow.
My bot asks several questions and in each question, a user can answer with the text, or with the image. If the user sends me the image I use the second flow to get it. But how can I jump back to the main flow? I even don’t know where was the user in the main flow…

Proper way of return to A-flow from B-flow with collected File info and proceeding A flow
(Karen Barker) #2

Hi @Roman_Shlyapkin,

The normal way would be that you continue the flow in the 2nd flow rather than jumping back to the main flow. However it sounds like you perhaps need a different method if you can have multiple questions answered with an image.

The best method I can think of would be as follows:

In your first flow before each question update an attribute with the question number the user is up to. After each question then add a Label with the number of the question just asked. As the first action in this flow you’ll also need to add a “GoTo Label” which goes to the label associated with the value of the question number attribute.

The second flow will then need to store the file URL as an attribute perhaps with the question number as the key for this attribute then you have access to all images the user has sent. Once you’ve stored the image in an attribute you’ll use the “Trigger a Flow” action to re-trigger the main flow. This will then jump to the next question in the flow.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

2 Likes