Wait until File Upload

(ality) #1

I get to a point in my flow where I ask the person to upload a file. How can i wait for the user to upload a file? As the new file trigger can’t be used mid-flow. Currently i have got it to wait for a day (knowing the user will upload something in this time) however just means the flow will continue a day later even after the person has added a file etc.

(Karen Barker) #2

Hi @ality,

What we’d normally suggest is ending the flow at the point of asking the person to upload a file. You’ll then continue the rest of the logic in the New File Trigger flow, therefore only continuing after the user has actually sent the file. :slight_smile:

(ality) #3

If a person sends a file before they get to this point would it then not
show them the end of the flow?

Hi Karen, i’m having a lot of difficulties with file & image uploads. How do i add this flow and how do i retrieve the files uploaded?

Thanks.

(Karen Barker) #5

Hi @ality,

Yes unfortunately this is a possibility whenever you have a new file trigger set up. The only way I can think around this is to perhaps set an attribute in the first flow once the user is asked to send a file. The New File Trigger can then be filtered on whether this attribute is set or not meaning it will only trigger when you are expecting a user to send a file. :thumbsup:

(Karen Barker) #6

Hi @Omoshx78

Hopefully this post will help you understand how this works. Any further questions just shout :slight_smile:

(ality) #7

Ok great. Is there also a way to know if the client is on web messenger / fb messenger? (just because we know they can’t send an image to web messenger)

(Karen Barker) #8

Yes - in the output to the trigger you’ll see an option of “Bot Platform”. :slight_smile:

Hello Karen,

I finally manged to upload a document and location data through what was largely trial and error and wondering in the wild :slight_smile: :joy: Having gone through all tutorial and asked lots of questions on support and community i think there isn’t a simplified way in which a newbie would know how to receive a file from a bot user. I think i’m going to do a manual for that :joy::joy:
Anyway my query today is i want to send back a report/email to my help desk and i want several people copied on that email. The option i currently have is just one email address. How would i add say 3 email addresses? see attached. Thanks

1 Like
(Karen Barker) #10

Hi @Omoshx78,

I’m glad you’ve finally got there with the file upload :slight_smile:

With regards to sending an email to multiple people unfortunately you can’t do this with the messaging service. If you do need to use the Messaging service in order to be able to reply directly back to a bot then the only way to do this would be to set up an action for each of the different email addresses.

However if you don’t need to respond to the email and direct it back into the bot you could look at using either the SMTP service or the Gmail service.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Hello Karen,

I don’t need to send any email/message back to user (at least for now), i just want to get their details and interaction summary to help desk, and maybe a copy simultaneously to say the manager. I’ve looked at the gmail service you attached up there but i’m not sure how it will deliver to me the summarized information including the location data and received files. Any idea on this?

Thanks.

(Karen Barker) #12

Hi @Omoshx78

You’ll need to use the “Send an Email” option within the Gmail service. This will give you the same sort of fields as the Messaging service does, so you’ll be able to set the body of the email up in exactly the same way as you have in the screen shot of the messaging service you shared above.

Oh let me try that i’ll give feedback

1 Like

Hello Karen,

The Gmail service is working perfectly attaching mails and several copies.

Thanks a bunch for this.

1 Like
(Augusto Vera) #15

Hi, I just stumbled upon the need to upolad images, ¿can you please tell me how to do it properly and leave them in a certain location within the flowxo chatbot?.

I know how to capture a location, but I have not figured out how to capture a camera picture and send it to a classified folder in google drive.

Hi Augusto,

To upload images you will need to use the attach file flow which you can trigger with a matching word or phrase within your flows. In your interactions menu, you will find the file url stored there but please note you can only retrieve the active file within two hours as that is the time Telegram keeps it. Not sure of how long messenger keeps theirs. Again note, from my experience it was near impossible to send files to google drive, you will get a blank document. I managed to Make a HTTP POST Request to an external site.

I hope this helps.

1 Like
(Augusto Vera) #17

Actually I stored the URL’s in a database, then immediately I triggered a PYTHON script that downloaded the picture to the proper location.

1 Like

Hello Augusto, would you mind sharing the flow? omoshx78@gmail.com. Thank you.