Using persistent menu

(Akshay) #1

I am new to this tool . I added persistent menu but i am unable to link it with an action . Actually i want when i click persistent menu button it should open a specific action .

(Karen Barker) #2

Hi there,

When you add a persistent menu within the Flow XO interface, the left hand box that you have to fill in is where you place the value you want displaying on your menu. The corresponding right hand box then works as a keyword trigger for a flow. You then require a flow which has a keyword trigger with an exact match to the value​​ in that right hand box then that flow should trigger when the user clicks the menu option.

I hope this helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Akshay) #3

Hi , Thanks alot . Need to ask a question . I am using multiple cards . So when i click first card i move to some question but from there when i choose some other option on card then it starts again by saying hi . I need events to be triggered anytime i choose them

(Karen Barker) #4

Hi,

There’s 2 ways to use the shortcuts from a card set.

• Use the shortcut as a keyword trigger. So you would stop the current flow after sending the card set and then have a separate flow for each of the shortcuts with a keyword trigger listening for the shortcut.

• Alternatively you could put a Bot > Ask a Question action immediately after the card set, asking the user to choose one of the options on the card set. When the user clicks on the shortcut button this will then be stored as the answer to the question, which you could use later on in the flow.

If you want a user to be able to respond to a question and then still use the buttons on the cards though the best option would be to have a separate flow for each of the shortcuts.

Hope this makes sense. :slight_smile: