userID for authentication

(Anish Duggal) #1

Is the UserID we recieve, the PSID?

If so does the PSID ever change? And can I use it for basic authentication to see if a user belongs to a segmented group of users or if the user is on a specific google sheet?

Thanks

@kcfl

Khashayar,
You mentioned account linking in the topic below. Could you provide some more details on how you ended up implementing it. Will it work on a page only bot or does it have to be page & app with it own permissions?

With gratitude.

(Anish Duggal) #2

Bunp! anybody?
@DanielBeckett, @johnjackson, @KarenBarker

(John Jackson) #3

It is indeed the page scoped user ID. We receive this direct from FB so you can be sure that when someone returns with the same PSID, that is the same person.

Actually that’s really how setting an attribute against the response path works.

Does that help?

(Anish Duggal) #4

Helps a hellalot! thanks. I just need to set up some basic user authentication.

(Daian) #5

In Python/Django I used to link a system user with a Messenger PSID and then I can keep a track of users on my side. Until I know, the Messenger PSID does not change even if user remove the conversation and come back.

(Anish Duggal) #6

Thanks, clears up some processes for me.

(John Jackson) #7

I think you may get a new PSID only if you delete a convo on web version of Facebook Messenger. If you delete on mobile I believe you get the same one back if you talk to the bot again.

(Khashayar) #8

Hey, sorry for not being around for a few days!

I never got account linking to work. I think since it needs a callback, flowxo doesn’t support it yet