User wants to be deleted...automated delete process

(Hasan Mahmood) #1

Hi Guys,

lets say one of my Users wants to be deleted. And the delete process should be automated and not manually.

Is there a way like, he will just tipe (delete me) or Klick a Button, Shortcut ets.

Thanks for your Help
:slight_smile:

(Nathan Stults) #2

Hi, unfortunately there is no function like that, you will have to delete the user manually.

Nathan

(Hasan Mahmood) #3

Hit Nathan thanks for the fast Reply, i wish you guys would get this feature soon.
As in europe(Germany) since 2019 you are not allowed to keep Data of a customer if he wants to be deleted.
That would solve a big problem. I think i am not the only one who would benefit from this.

Still thanks a lot. :slight_smile:

(Nathan Stults) #4

Understood, we do have some plans around that. However, in the meantime, you can delete your users at their request in the user tab, which does allow you to comply with GDPR.

Nathan

(Hasan Mahmood) #5

Hi Nathan,

that sounds really good, it would safe a lot of work and would boost your Platform over the
competitor.
I got another Problem. I deleted the User Manually in Facebook.
I deleted one User out of my Facebook Page, I deleted even the User from the Chat Messanger of his Phone.
But apparently FlowXO does not update these Information from FACEBOOK.

So that means i need to deleted that User out of FlowXO. as well.
But if I got 5000 user or even just 500 Users lets say, and one of The Users wants to be deleted.
I can not Filter this specific User with the (USER TAB) or the (INTERACTIONS TAB)
Like this way it does not make sense at all, if I need to go true every Conversation from 500 Users to see who texted me that he wanted to be deleted that would take hours or Days.

You Guys need to get a Filter for Words, when it comes to (USER TAB) and (INTERACTIONS TAB)

And another Problem. If i open a user and than want to see his Conversation ther is a Option for it.
But i Can not Open a Conversation and than search for the specific User.

Thx :slight_smile:

But when i send a Instant Broadcast it stil contacts that deleted Person.
I do have a Atribute in the Broadcast… that it would just send the Broadcast to people who cliked on YES.

I dont know if that is connected(ATRIBUTE-BROADCAST) but even than it would not be Legal for me. If i delete the User on his Request there should not be any Information left anywhere. Not as an Atribute or what whatsoever

(Nathan Stults) #6

You are correct, once you delete a user they should disappear completely. We just ran a test and this is indeed what happens. However, a user is duplicated once per bot they interact with (not flows, but the actual bot connections). So if the user had interacted with multiple bots of yours, they could end up in your database more than once. If you provide the PSID of the user to support@flowxo.com we can run a check and see if this is the case.

(Hasan Mahmood) #7

Hi Nathan,

that sounds really good, it would safe a lot of work and would boost your Platform over the
competitor.
I got another Problem. I deleted the User Manually in Facebook.
I deleted one User out of my Facebook Page, I deleted even the User from the Chat Messanger of his Phone.
But apparently FlowXO does not update these Information from FACEBOOK.

So that means i need to deleted that User out of FlowXO. as well.
But if I got 5000 user or even just 500 Users lets say, and one of The Users wants to be deleted.
I can not Filter this specific User with the (USER TAB) or the (INTERACTIONS TAB)
Like this way it does not make sense at all, if I need to go true every Conversation from 500 Users to see who texted me that he wanted to be deleted that would take hours or Days.

You Guys need to get a Filter for Words, when it comes to (USER TAB) and (INTERACTIONS TAB)

And another Problem. If i open a user and than want to see his Conversation ther is a Option for it.
But i Can not Open a Conversation and than search for the specific User.

But when i send a Instant Broadcast it stil contacts that deleted Person.
I do have a Atribute in the Broadcast… that it would just send the Broadcast to people who cliked on YES.

I dont know if that is connected(ATRIBUTE-BROADCAST) but even than it would not be Legal for me. If i delete the User on his Request there should not be any Information left anywhere. Not as an Atribute or what whatsoever

(Hasan Mahmood) #8

If it delete a User form FLOWXO IT DOES work.
My Problem is i want to delete a User while using Facebook, from with in Facebook.
AND THAT SHOULD ALSO DELETE THE DATA HERE IN FLOWXO.

Because within FACEBOOK i can at least Filter for KEY WORDS.

You did not get my Problem.
IF a User wants to be deleted and i have 500 Users.
How should i find Him.

I can not search for Word Phrases… on INTERACTIONS or USERS

I WOULD NEED TO GO TRUE EVERY CONVERSATION TO FIRST FIND WHO WROTE HE WANTS TO BE DELETED: OR EVEN IF I KNEW I NEED TO SEARCH TRUE THE LIST TO FINDE THE USERNAME.

(Nathan Stults) #9

I see what you are saying. We will have a user search on the site by the end of next week, which will help with that problem some, and in the future will have a way to allow you to delete users from within a flow.

(Hasan Mahmood) #10

So you mean within the Flow … with some kind of a Filter … it will be a automated delete process.

Look Guys if you delete these Errors i will promote your Platform on My Webpage and on You Tube in Germany.
Because i dont Know that Many Chat or Chatfuel…listens to heis customrs and give Sulutions based on the Problems.

(Nathan Stults) #11

Yes, a semi-automated delete process - you would still have to have a flow trigger that you write determine that a user wants to be deleted - but we would include a task in the toolbox that would allow you, within a flow, to delete a given user account.

We will not ever fully automate this, such that any time a user types ‘delete’ it removes their account - this would surely cause lots of issues - but I do see how it would be useful to allow you to automate it though a flow.

Nathan

(Hasan Mahmood) #12

Yeah that was that i was thinking.

Lets say the customers writes Delete.
A Question would open Ask him are Your sure you want to be deleted
Chioce Button
YES NO
And Than a Filter or Atribute if he clicks Yes
The User would be deleted.

(Hasan Mahmood) #13

Hi Nathan,

i just saw the option that you can search now for the User Name. :grinning:
YOU AND YOUR COLLEAGUES ARE DOING A REALLY GOOD JOB

KEEP IT UP

(Nathan Stults) #14

Hasan, thank you for the encouragement, we truly do appreciate it.