Two languages bot

(Antonio) #1

Hi team,
I need to have a Telegram bot that speaks two languages: English and Italian.
I’ve just read an old topic “A bot that support two languages in the same time” which was solved by Sara.

As Sara said, the solution is to create two bots each running the own flow in that certain language.

So, in Telegram, I have created two bots (with the same name and the same userpic); one has the English language flow

and the second has the Italian language flow.

My question is: how do I connect these 2 bots?
As the appearance is egual, If an Italian user select the English bot, or viceversa; the flow will not work…

(Daniel Beckett) #2

Hi @ansfo2013

Just beneath the flow name you can click on the pencil icon to configure which bot is listening out for the flow. If you set the flows to connect to their relevant bot it should then respond when the user types the matching keyword / phrase from your New Message trigger.

(Antonio) #3

Ok,
thank you very much

(Antonio) #4

so, if I understood correctly:
I connect the English flow (with the word “hi” as trigger) only to the English bot and I connect the Italian flow (with the word “ciao” as trigger) only to the Italian bot. Is it correct?

But as they are two distinct bots, even though both have same name and same userpic in Telegram, what if a user clicks on the English bot and writes “hello”, or clicks on the Italian bot and writes “hi”? I expect that in both cases that the flow does not start …
Am I wrong?

(Antonio) #5

… writes “ciao” on English bot …

(Daniel Beckett) #6

Ah, okay. Now I see what you mean :slight_smile:

There is a problem there for the default language since it will entirely depend on which bot the user connected to. I’m not aware of a way around this particular issue - you may be best giving each bot their own unique name and icon instead so that users can select the right one.

(Heiko Somorowsky) #7

Why not ask the customers as Welcome message which language they speak? (with two options AS button)

So you can Forward them to the english or italian bot. :slight_smile:

(Karen Barker) #8

Hi Heiko,

You could indeed do it this way as well. You’d then really just need 1 bot, but duplicate all the flows to have one set in English and the other in Italian. In your first flow when the user selects their preference you can store this as an attribute for the user. Your flow triggers will then need to be filtered on the attribute = English for the English flows or Italian for the Italian flows.

Hope this makes sense :slight_smile:

(Antonio) #9

Hi Karen,
it is exactly what I did: 1 bot (Italian speaking) with two flows.
Even if in some system interaction there will be only one language (the one spoken by the bot).
Is there a way to customize system interactions such as for instance: “only to remind you to answer my question”?

(Karen Barker) #10

Hi Antonio,

When you’re setting up any Question actions there is a “Customize reminders and expiry” section that you can expand. In here you can actually set your own custom messages up. :slight_smile: