Trigger by attribute update is not responsive enough

I use trigger by attribute updated to organize a sequence of flows, and it seems that triggering is timer based, i.e. it runs on a schedule - so sometimes it is quick enough to continue conversation, and sometimes it’s up to a minute, so it’s definitely ruining UX. Are there any plans to change that, and if so, when it is to be expected? I need this to plan my further work.

(Karen Barker) #2

Hi @mikaza,

The attribute updated trigger is a polling trigger and there is no plans on changing this I’m afraid. The maximum length of wait for a polling trigger does depend on whether you are on a free plan or a paid plan. For a free plan the polling interval is 5 minutes and on the paid plan is 1 minute.

From the moment you turn the flow on the flow starts to sync and will check for the new items after 1 minute. This does mean that the length of wait can vary anywhere up to the maximum time based on your plan type as it depends where abouts in the sync’ing countdown we are at the time the attribute is updated.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Thanks, Karen! I found a workaround with triggering another flow from original one.