[SOLVED] SMTP not working

(Majid Rafiee) #1

Hi,
I’m trying to create a SMTP but I get this error )my credentials is at bottom:

I tried enabling ssl or tls both yes and no.
I also tried using chrome and microsoft edge. Non worked. Any suggestion pls?

(Majid Rafiee) #2

Just to complete my details: I tried my SMTP server info by adding it to my gmail. So, I’m almost sure issue is not with my mail server.

(Daniel Beckett) #3

Are you able to connect on port 25 instead of 465? If so, could you give that a try?

Thanks,
Dan

(Majid Rafiee) #4

Thanks for your reply.
I tried. Still getting an error but this time a different error:

(Daniel Beckett) #5

It’s difficult to say for certain why it’s not connecting through. In theory, so long as your credentials match and the server doesn’t require any IP whitelisting then you should be able to connect.

Do you have any logging on your SMTP server to see if it’s rejecting the connection?

(Majid Rafiee) #6

I’ve just rented a host. I have no access to the server log.
However, I check it with gmail and outlook. Both were connected to my server without any issue. I think something is wrong in my Flowxo account. I read in another forum one of flowxo members mentioned to authentication issue that the user must authenticate it’s account ! However, I have no idea how to do it.
Please help to resolve this issue since SMTP is one of my necessities using Flow.

(Majid Rafiee) #7

I also also provide my email password if you provide me an email address.

(Majid Rafiee) #8

I have SPF (Sender Policy Framework) enabled on my account. Do yo think my issue is related to this feature ?

(Majid Rafiee) #9

After 10 hours of working, the problem is finally solved :))

(Majid Rafiee) #10

I’m writing the solution in case someone else faces the same issue.
The provided details by my host didn’t work it flowxo !! I don’t know the reason since it is working with gmail and outlook. However, I used telnet tool in CMD and looked for smtp server of my domain and it shows me something else (for the host itself not the domain). I replaced it with the one my host gave me and problem solved :slight_smile:

2 Likes