(SOLVED) Can't set an Attribute

(Tommi Partanen) #1

I’m having troubles setting an attribute.

I have a simple choice question in my flow and I want to save the answer as an attribute for future use.

What I’m doing wrong here?

The Attributes tutorial is a bit unclear how you refer to a choice correctly when setting an attribute.

PS: Debugging this has been really difficult because the log has a significant delay when using the test console (I’m on free plan, I don’t know if this is the reason) and the actual bot doesn’t show anything from this flow on the log. I’m assuming this is because the flow is triggered by another flow.

(Karen Barker) #2

Hi there,

If you set an attribute within a flow and then want to be able to use the newly set attribute in the same flow then you will need to do a “Get Attribute” action and use the value returned from this attribute rather than that of the trigger in the Send a Message action.

There should be no delay in the logs showing no matter whether you’re on a free plan or a paid plan. However, logs only display once a flow has reached the end which can sometimes make it seem like there is a delay. :slight_smile:

I hope this helps. :thumbsup:

(Tommi Partanen) #3

Thanks Karen. Got it now. :slight_smile: I knew I was missing something very simple here.