Slow response time

Flowxo have been extremely slow last 2 hours, at least for me.
All the working bots and also editor is working really slow (It does not matter is it short or long flow in use). e.g. when saving a new action, flow editor typically gives error “an error occurred when contacting server”.
Network connection is fine (down: 250M, up: 50M).

(Karen Barker) #2

Hi,

Unfortunately we are aware of some issues with response times this morning. We are investigating this issue and as soon as I have further information I will update you. :disappointed:

In this kind of issues please post status to forum.
It would be nice to have info here instead of in phone from the customer :sweat:

(Andrew Catchpole) #4

@KarenBarker Was this resolved?

Using the Flowxo dev tool, I have experienced slow response a lot.

I think it becomes worse as the flow becomes longer.Looking at the Chrome debugging tool there are a lot of errors. Also token requests from facebook which cause the browser to hang.

Regards Andrew

app.3998933aa7.js:1 Uncaught SocketProtocolError {name: “SocketProtocolError”, message: “Client pong timed out”, code: 4001, stack: “SocketProtocolError: Client pong timed out↵ at …//flowxo.com/scripts/app.3998933aa7.js:1:2074147)”}

(Andrew Catchpole) #5

@KarenBarker
Now waiting round 20-30secs for responses

I’ve tried different browsers and getting these types of message…

(Karen Barker) #6

Hi @Smartview_Property,

As mentioned in our recent email exchange unfortunately we are aware of issues with the Flow XO UI becoming slow or unresponsive for longer flows. The development team are aware of this issue but in the meantime I’m afraid the only way to improve this is to ensure flows are kept to a maximum of about 30 actions and longer flows are split into multiple shorter flows. :disappointed:

We ave the same thing… it is very difficult to work with even slightly longer flows…

What would be the best way to split them up into smaller flows: we don’t feel like creating the flows 5 times all over again. How do you copy/export part of a flow to another flow in a smart way?

(Daniel Beckett) #8

We’re currently testing some changes to better handle large flows and hope to have an update released early next week. You may want to hold on just a bit longer to see if the update helps.

I’ll be sure to report back here once the update is released :slight_smile:

(Daniel Beckett) #9

An update has now been released which should make the flow editor much more responsive. Hopefully this helps out with the slowness that some of you have reported. :smile:

(Andrew Catchpole) #10

@merrihasso @DanielBeckett

Daniel
You said in February that there was an update. Unfortunately the editor is still very slow.
Are other users still experiencing slow response from editor?

(Andrew Catchpole) #11

@DanielBeckett @KarenBarker
Today I’m finding even relatively short flows are very unresponsive.

(Daniel Beckett) #12

Hi Andrew,

I’m sorry that you have seen some performance problems with the flow editor. Is this still ongoing, how are things today?

Kind regards,
Dan

(Andrew Catchpole) #13

@DanielBeckett
I have noticed that the slow response is being caused by an http request to facebook…
https://www.facebook.com/tr/?id=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This is causing any browser to hang when the “Edit” button is clicked.
Any suggestions?

(Daniel Beckett) #14

Hi @Smartview_Property

We haven’t had this particular behaviour reported by any other users so far. Would you be able to test from a private / incognito browsiing session and/or from another web browser and see if the same thing happens?

Do you currently use any content blocking extensions?