Setting and getting an attribute at multiple points in a flow

(Sam Ward) #1

Hi - I am setting an attribute at the start of my flow, and then updating it at various points afterwards, depending on user interaction.

In some cases I traverse back to the top of my flow via a GotoLabel. If I do that, I am only able to access the first value set for the attribute, rather than any set later in the flow.

I’ve tried both Getting the attribute, and calling it directly with no luck.

I saw with the new updates for 2018, Getting the attribute is no longer required, but I wonder if my looping back to the beginning of the flow is causing the problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
S

(Daniel Beckett) #2

Hi Sam,

An attribute will only ever be using the last value which was set. I suspect that in your flow you’re jumping back up before it has been set at a later point in the flow - since it never reaches the set attribute it never gets that specific value.

You’ll need additional filtered set attribute actions with your Goto labels to account for the user being moved back up before reaching a further point in the flow.

If you’re still having trouble it might help to share your flow, either here or with the support team by emailing support@flowxo.com

You can share your flow by clicking on the private button near the top right corner when editing a flow.

Thanks,
Dan

(Sam Ward) #3

Thanks - I followed up with @support.

(Augusto Vera) #4

I must say that it is common to catch interesting threads only to see them truncated about the solution because FLOWXO attracts the thread to a email interaction with the person asking, thus preventing us all to benefit from the knowledge. I created a FLOWXO community but the people there are rather silent, unlike ManyChat and ChatFuel where users share actively knowledge and give prompt feedback. ¿Is there a more open community or is this community group the only one?

(Daniel Beckett) #5

We’ll usually try to answer questions directly on the Community page but we can offer more detailed support by email which is why we sometimes ask people to contact the support desk.

This is the only Community page at the moment but we’d certainly love to see more user involvement.

(Augusto Vera) #6

Well I have one (of course not affiliated officially) ¿Can it serve as parallel community and invite people there?

Flowxo Facebook Community

(Daniel Beckett) #7

We don’t have a problem with any private communities; if people want to join that’s fine :slight_smile: