Send message to email

(Kurt) #1

I’m using the send a message to email function for when the user wants to talk to a human. But when I receive the email in the inbox or when it responds the email has been identified flowxo and the email response address with the flowxo domain. How to make the brand of flowxo be anonymous or can I use my own domain?

(Daniel Beckett) #2

@Gregorio_Rodrigues1

You can use the SMTP (Outbound Email) service for this. :slight_smile:

1 Like
(Kurt) #3

The SMTP function is not working with gmail and it is not working with my dedicated server either. Is there any transactional email service you already use or already integrated with flowxo?

(Karen Barker) #4

Hi @Gregorio_Rodrigues1

Have you taken a look at our integrated Gmail service? :slight_smile:

What are the problems you’re encountering with the SMTP service also? I’m not aware of any issues connecting accounts using the SMTP service so if you could send us any further information on these issues to support@flowxo.com then I’ll happily look into this further. :thumbsup:

Please do note though that it is only the messaging service that you were using originally that will allow you to reply to an email and route the response directly back to the bot. There is an idea on our roadmap here that you might want to pop over and vote for too which would allow you to change the messaging service email address.

(Louis Springer) #5

Karen,

About the ideia in roadmap, it will be perfect!

But in the mean time the Flowxo could at least change the @agent.flowxo.com to a white label domain for all users, without direct mention to flowxo.

Ex: @agent.responseflowmail.com or other !

The big problem is our client discovery Flowxo. This can devalues our negociation if they find out that we use Flowxo service.

i think tha change will help all in mean time. We are close to converting large companies into customers and I believe that this situation can harm us.

Can you provide that change?

(Karen Barker) #6

Hi Louis,

I see that you’ve added the comments to the roadmap idea as well. That’s great as it really helps the developers to see what’s important now. :thumbsup: Unfortunately I don’t have any further information to give on this at the moment but if you keep an eye on the roadmap you’ll know straight away when there’s any movement on this.

(Louis Springer) #7

Hi, Karen,
Thank you for the feeback!
Can you make a direct request to flowxo team about this? Because it´s a simple change request. FlowXo can do this in 15 minutes by buying and activating a domain from registar, it´s not required a long roadmap feature request. Please, it´s a very important and simple addon.

(Daniel Beckett) #8

@louisaas

Thanks for the suggestion - whilst we’ll be sure to pass it along to the development team there’s unfortunately no guarantees on when/if or how features will be changed.

I understand that it can be frustrating to hear that when it seems like it should be an easy fix and would make the service much better suited to your needs but all we can promise to do at this time is to log it as a request so that it can be considered for future updates.

(Kurt) #9

I used the email action to send a user-written message inside the bot to an email. From the email, the response should return to the specific user who sent the first message. It is as if the bot only intermediated an email. But as the replying email that appears is flowxo email, we are trying to use an intermediate email to camouflage. However, it seems that the intermediate email can not return to flowxo’s email.

(Daniel Beckett) #10

@Gregorio_Rodrigues1

There is only the messaging service that will allow you to reply to an email and route the response directly back to the bot. As discussed above this currently uses a Flow XO mailbox as the reply-to address and can’t currently be changed. There is an idea on the development roadmap for this to be considered for a change in future updates.

(Mayank Sharma) #11

Hi @DanielBeckett,

Just wanted to check if this feature is now whilsted for pro subscribers ?

(Daniel Beckett) #12

This hasn’t changed, sorry.