Old users on the FB page don't get 'get started' window

(Viljami Ketola) #1

I have a customer’s FB page that has existed many years before my bot. Customers have regularly discussed with the company via FB messaging so there are existing users in the Facebook Page’s messenger.

Now that the bot has been published it has turned out that those users that have unfinished business with the customer service of the company don’t see Get Started -button nor any info about the bot before they send a new message in there.
So they begin to continue their story like “hey… it’s been a while… I didn’t get the offer you were suppose to send in the summer, can you send it now or call +355 xxx xxxx”
And after that bot wakes up and tells them: “sorry, I don’t understand”

I think this is something that shouldn’t happen ever. Is this a bug at the FlowXO side of the table or Facebook? This can’t be intended feature. Or am I just having wrong settings somewhere?

(Daniel Beckett) #2

Hi @Viljami_Ketola

This is more of a Facebook issue so unfortunately we’re a bit limited in what can be done. It’s likely that the users just still have the old conversation in their Messenger so they’ll never see the Getting Started button which is shown for new conversations started from the Facebook Page.

The users would need to delete their conversation and then reconnect to see the Getting Started button.