No Response Path for Webhook to trigger email flow

(noble) #1

i’ve got a webhook that receives some data posted with a recipient to it, this works & i can see the data in the logs. I want to use the data to start a flow where i ask the person in the original to for info, then when done, post their responses back to my server.
In the original POST data, i can specify the medium, so email, text or messenger, but thats later.

The problem is, when i go to trigger a flow from the webhook, there’s nothing in Response Path and manually editing to {{user_wants_to_talk_to_a_human.response_path}} (which is the path in the test email one), i get an error The response path is not valid

Even in the email one, it doesnt work. I can get it to send an email, but replying to it doesnt work, i get an error email back, “Your message could not be delivered, Unfortunately, your message could not be delivered, as the following inbox is not available:”

(Aly Dabbous) #2

@nobilius did you solve this problem?

(noble) #3

Hi,
No, remains unresolved.

(Sarah Palombo) #4

Hello :wave:,

Whenever you want to route back a reply, you need a response path. This could be to route back to an email address it could be to send a message back to the bot, it could be to reply back to an sms.

You’d need the original webhook to send in the response path (whatever that might be)

Hope that makes sense.

Sarah

I have the same problem.

Cloud you explain how to get response_path from flow that trigged from email or webhook?
I want to response a message by a bot.

(Sarah Palombo) #6

Sure - just use the Broadcast service. Here, we will handle the response path for you. You’ll be able to broadcast to all users that have spoken to your bot too. When using the Broadcast service, the trigger can be an RSS feed, An email or a webhook.

If you just want to send a user a message when you receive a webhook/ email you’ll need (somehow) to have the response path sent through in the trigger (unless you know the response path and can insert this in your send a messsage action?)

Hope that helps ! :slight_smile:

Sarah

1 Like

Thank you for your help.

I solved the problem by setting email trigger and route back to user by sending response path from another flow.

(Baninaveen) #8

thanks you it help me a lot

(Augusto Vera) #9

Hello I am trying to setup an email trigger that broadcasts a message to some bot users, but I cant seem to grasp quite well the response path even after reading this and the documentation. I understand that I have to setup the email trigger flow which works fine, but then invoke another flow with the message, but I cannot make the mental relation of how to connect the response path. It does not seem very logical. ¿where can I get the response path from?.

(Augusto Vera) #10

How do you capture the response path from the other flow my friend?, I an trying to setup an email trigger that sends a message to a few users subscribed to a bot.

(Augusto Vera) #11

Hey!!, forget it!! I managed to make my email trigger to be broadcasted using broadcast service, it is rather confusing the email trigger and then finding the response path empty with no other indication whatsoever, I guess it sould be somehow corrected or make a video regarding it because just written as a a description does not work well for people like me, I am rather graphically oriented. THANKS!!

(John Jackson) #12

We did already make it easier to use since introducing broadcast instead of what we had before, but there’s still a lot more we can do to make it easier to use.

Glad you found it in the end :slight_smile:

1 Like