New Messenger bot - Error

(Ben Stevens) #1

Hi. I’m having problems creating a new Messenger bot. I’ve followed these instructions exactly (http://support.flowxo.com/article/142-creating-a-messenger-bot) but I am still seeing an error.

This is the full error:

“Request failed:
Setup of Facebook Messenger integration failed. Please check your Application ID, secret and Page Access Token.”

I’ve checked and copy pasted the App ID / secret / page access token several times but with no success :frowning:

Any help would be appreciated.

Error when generating a Page Token
(Sarah Palombo) #2

Hi Ben
Sorry you’re finding an issue. Looks like a posible bug. The good news is, we’re just investigating. I’ll update you here shortly.

(John Jackson) #3

This was due to a change on the Messenger API - welcome text wasn’t able to be set for the bot, so it was failing for some time.

If you try and create your bot again now, you’ll find it’s working again! :slight_smile:

(Ben Stevens) #4

Great, I’ll give it another try. Thanks.

(Ben Stevens) #5

Managed to successfully set up the Messenger bot now but the welcome message isn’t shown. I’ve also tried a ‘Bot > New Connection’ flow to automatically greet new users but this doesn’t work either.

Responding to user input using ‘Bot > New Message’ seems to be working fine though. But I’d rather have the bot initiate the conversation!

(John Jackson) #6

Messenger made an unannounced change and broke the setting/changing of welcome messages for everyone, we have an announcement here about this.

However, we’re hoping to release a fix today, and that same fix will get the New Connection trigger working as expected on Messenger.

Sorry you’re having so much trouble with this! If you can just hang on I’ll let you know right here once the fix is in place.