New File Trigger

(John Jackson) #1

There’s now a new bot trigger - New File. You won’t be surprised to hear that it fires every time a user sends a file to your bot, or when a file is uploaded to any channel that the bot has been invited to.

It has a similar set of outputs to New Message, including Message Type and Message, as on some platforms it’s possible to send a message containing both text and an attachment. The message won’t always be present on this trigger.

The extra outputs for New File are File Type and File URL. File type can be one of:

• video
  • audio
  • other

The file URL is the location of the file given to us by the platform. This is not always suitable for sharing publicly so be careful that it doesn’t contain any credentials. If you want to share it publicly it’s usually best to place the file somewhere else before sharing that.

If more than one file is sent, the trigger will fire separately for each file.

This feature is supported on Messenger and Slack currently, not Telegram.

1 Like
(Berkay Ogulcan Tutal) #2

Hello @johnjackson , it seems like very useful but i couldn’t find a documentation to how to use it. I can not find New File trigger anywhere.

(Kellsey Shaw) #3

Hi Berkay,

I believe that you’ve managed to get this working now. If you still need help just let me know :slight_smile:

(Louis Springer) #4

Hi, the file trigger work in web version?

How the users can send a file to a webservice?

(Karen Barker) #5

Hi Louis,

Unfortunately at the moment it isn’t possible to send files to the Web Messenger. :disappointed: However, this is on our roadmap, so please do pop over and vote for it here. :thumbsup:

How can I set a filter to check that file type is an image or video?

Do I just do this?

Tried it. It worked. :slight_smile:

1 Like
(I Magiс) #8

Is it possible for FB Messenger bot send to user a voice/audio message? Or only images and videos? Thnx :pray: