Mysql connection - Working host service

(Louis Springer) #1

Hi,

I have problems to use mysql connector. (Firewall ip address restrictions to remote access). Can you indicate fully work tested host services? Can provide a tutorial? The ssl certificate on server is needed to receive flowxo connections?

(Karen Barker) #2

Hi Louis,

Unfortuantely we don’t have a complete list of mySQL server host providers that work with the system. We do know that freemysqlhosting.net which works. However, any MySQL database host that has a publically accessible interface and doesn’t require IP whitelisting should work with the MySQL service. :slight_smile:

(Will) #3

Hi Karen and Louis,

I have problem to connect to mysql too and I’ll use this topic to solve it. I connected to the database thru a mysql client and it worked fine. But when I try to connect thru Flow XO I get an error. Where can I see the log of this error?

PS: I’m using Hostgator and already use % to give public access to the database.

(Karen Barker) #4

Hi Will,

When you connect through the mysql client, is that a client on your local machine or a client on the server? Can you make sure the client is on your local machine to ensure the database host is definitely allowing external connections in. Thanks :slight_smile:

(Will) #5

Hi Karen,

I forgot to tell you that. The client is in my local machine and I didn’t add my IP address. So, I can connect to the mysql server with a generic IP.

Could I see the log file or something like that? With it I can know where is the problem.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

(John Jackson) #6

Can you share with us (obviously redact info where necessary) the settings you use when connecting from your local machine vs. the settings you’re using in Flow XO?

If this is not a firewall problem, it can only really be the settings/flags being used on connection.

(Ian Lawrence) #7

Webfaction hosts also works. You just need to ask them to enable public access for the MYSQL database. To connect locally there is some advice here

(Will) #8

Hi John,

I used the same settings on FlowXO and on the local client. Could I send it to you by email? I think it’s not interesting to have it here.

Thanks

(John Jackson) #9

Yes sure, you can send by DM. :+1: