Metadata in go to a label in a earlier part of the flow

(Kurt) #1

I’m trying to use the metadata function in a go to a label to create a filter in an earlier part of the flow. For example, I’m at an advanced stage of flow, but the user wants to return. When it clicks that you want to return, I use go to a label with a metadata. So when it returns, I can direct the user to just one thing, I’m using the filter: {{flowname.metadata}} equals {{flowname.metadata__Return}}. But this is not working. In the log it appears that there is metadata in the Label, but not in the next action that has the filter quoted above. What to do?

(Karen Barker) #2

Hi @Gregorio_Rodrigues1,

When you use the labels to pass metadata the metadata is stored on the label. This won’t update the metadata you can access on the flow trigger. So if this is the value you were hoping to use in your filter it will need to be referenced as {{Labelname.metadata__metadataKey}}

Just as a word of warning, the current filter won’t ever pass. Using {{flowname.metadata}} will return every item of metadata on the trigger, so will be something like {“Return”:“value”}. Whereas {{flowname.metadata__Return}} will only return the value associated with Return.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile: