Messenger ADS, Json CODE

(Don Jordan) #1

Is there a way to get the JSON code for my BOT so I can run a facebook ad directly to it?

(Sarah Palombo) #2

Hi Don,

Messenger seem to offer ads that allow you to Link Ads to Messenger, The idea is to roll out ads in News Feeds that drive people to chat with your bot on Messenger.

I think in Facebooks Ads when you set up the link to your bot you use the m.me link which you can get by visiting your bot or from your BOTS page in Flow XO (the link under the message us button)

This is a feature of messenger so i’m sure they can help you configure your ads.

Hope this helps. :+1:

Sarah

(Don Jordan) #3

Sarah,

Are you familiar with MANYCHAT? They have built in a way to produce a JSON code that then gets copied and pasted into the Facebook ad

see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obuhVsfq328 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obuhVsfq328

I would love to see FXO do this

Don Jordan
Smart Way America Realty
Broker/CEO

610 755 5253

(Anish Duggal) #4

@sarahpalombo @DanielBeckett

Hello Sarah, Daniel

When you use a m.me link in an ad it takes you to the get started button screen in messenger, so the user would have to click Get Started instead of getting what the clicked for in the ad. It just ads an extra step and the incurs drop off from confusion.

Within ManyChat it skips the the Get started screen and goes straight tot the content promised from the ad.

Below is the JSON code from ManyChats widget which we would place in the JSON editor in FB ads power editor when making an ad.

What would we need to enter in the POSTBACK line to make this work with FlowXO if at all possible?

Thanks

[
{
“message”:
{
“attachment”:
{
“type”:“template”,
“payload”:
{
“template_type”:“button”,
“text”:“What ever you want”,
“buttons”:
[
{
“type”:“postback”,

"payload":"MANYCHATJSON(16398):ACT:46df4f468ad68f",
      "title":"something for you"
   }

]
    }
  }
}

}
]

(Don Jordan) #5

That is exactly what I am trying find out

Don Jordan
Smart Way America Realty
Broker/CEO

610 755 5253

(Sarah Palombo) #6

Hi Anish

I suspect that you should be able to handle this using Flow XO too.

You simply need to make sure that you have a flow that’s set up with a keyword trigger (this should match whatever you set in the payload) so just change what you have set here:

"payload":"MANYCHATJSON(16398):ACT:46df4f468ad68f",

Let me know how you get on. :slight_smile:

Sarah

(Anish Duggal) #7

@sarahpalombo

Sarah,

Thanks. I think I understand what you are saying, I will try it out this weekend and let you know how it goes.

(Lee Hardin) #8

Hi Anish,
so how did this work out for you?
If it doesn’t, wondering if FXO and Manychat can work side by side? Also, FXO cannot not do segmented broadcasts but Manychat can…

(Karen Barker) #9

Hi Lee,

We’re looking in the near future to actually release an update allowing the creation of JSON code to use in Facebook ad’s so hopefully this will make things much easier. :grinning:

With regards to your broadcast question, I think this is something we can already do. If you take a look at our tutorial - Subscription Broadcast, this should give you a great example of how to use attributes to filter your broadcast flow so only the required recipients do actually receive the broadcast.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like
(Anish Duggal) #10

@Lee_Hardin

I wasn’t able to. But it looks like the the FlowXo team may have something for us soon.

(Joanne Go) #11

Hi Karen:

Does Flow XO launch the chatbot when a user responds to a boosted post?

I use boosted posts for many reasons.

How do I get the chatbot to respond to a user responding to a boosted post?