Looking for help building a logistics bot

(Francis Cleofe) #1

Hi Everyone,

I’m looking to create a logistics bot where the user can submit a pickup location and a delivery location and using the distance api to provide the rate for the said transaction, i guess where i need help would be how to integrate the collection of the pickup and dropoff locations through flow xo.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

(Karen Barker) #2

Hi Francis,

Whenever you use the Ask a Question action in Flow XO you can access the values entered by the user to use in any future action. Therefore when you do the Webhook to the distance API you’ll be able to provide the values given by the user in the request. You’ll then be able to use Data Outputs to return the results of the API call to the user.

There’s a tutorial here on how to use Data from the Web with Flow XO. :slight_smile:

(Francis Cleofe) #3

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the reply, im a beginner bot builder and was wondering if the Ask a Question flow will allow a user to pin a location on google maps or search for a location on google maps like how say Uber would do it on their app?

(Karen Barker) #4

Hi Francis,

You would need to webhook to the Google API to do this but it would be possible. We have a template called “Find Location” which allows you to search for the nearest Starbucks to a users location. This should help guide you as to how you’d put together your use case. :slight_smile:

1 Like
(Francis Cleofe) #5

Thanks Karen! This helped alot, it seems that we might have to go through using a custom request then use a webhook to get the data since users will need to see the map and be able to drop a pin for pickup and delivery locations, im not sure if this thread is the right place to ask but i also wanted to know if its possible to retrieve the contents of a single cell on sheets based off of previously entered data like have the bot ask a series of questions insert the answers into a sheet then find the row that was recently added and return a cell within the that same row.

(Karen Barker) #6

Hi Francis,

There are a couple of tutorials here which you could take a look at on how to use Google Sheets with Flow XO. These should help with searching on values from previous actions etc.

If you need any further help please don’t hesistate to ask. :slight_smile:

1 Like