Integrating Flow XO with Zendesk, Threading

(Philip Mccarthy) #1

Hi All

I’ve got some FB Messenger Bot flows that create tickets in ZenDesk. The flows allow the user to ‘ask a question’ which leads to the ticket creation.

This works just fine, only trouble is I can’t figure out how to get the replies back to the user in Messenger.

I’ve read this:

https://support.flowxo.com/article/51-zendesk

I authorized the ZenDesk connection with the email address I used to setup the ZenDesk account.

If I reply to the ticket it just sends an email to this email address not back to the user in messenger.

Obviously I don’t understand something key here, would appreciate some guidance.

Thanks, Phil

(Karen Barker) #2

Hi @Philip,

You’ll need to use the Get Ticket option to return the latest details on the ticket and then you’ll be able to use the Send a Message action to send this back to your user.

Alternatively you might be able to look at using the “Send Message to email” action which does link up with Zendesk and through this any email you send from Zendesk will be sent directly back to the user in the bot.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

(Philip Mccarthy) #3

Hi Karen

Thanks for you reply. Ok if I use the ‘Send Message to email’ option, I’d need to ask for user’s email address and put that in the ‘From Email Address’ field right?

I’m just not sure if I use this option whether I can get the ZenDesk replies to go back into the messenger channel or whether the communication exchange from that point on is purely email based.

I’m also wondering what advantages the ‘Add Ticket’ option has over the ‘Send Message to email option’. It would seem the ability to add things like ‘Tags’ in the ‘Add Ticket’ option is the attraction.

Thanks, Phil

(Karen Barker) #4

Hi Philip,

There would be no need to get the users email address to use the Send Message to email option. Sorry I meant to link to the support docs for this last message but missed doing so - you can find them here. This allows you to route their message to Zendesk and email address etc and then when you reply back in Zendesk it will route the message directly back to the messenger channel.

Really it just depends on your exact requirements as to which option is better for you at this time. :slight_smile:

(Philip Mccarthy) #5

Thanks Karen, that does help, I’ll have another go and read the support docs again.

(Philip Mccarthy) #6

Hi Karen. FYI I got the threading working just fine with the ‘Send Message to email’ step. Works brilliantly. Thanks for the help.

1 Like