Idea for getting Postal address and full transcript

(Fabio) #1

Hi

Firstly
I need to be able the have the entire chat transcript available, how can I accomplish this with flowXO?
First prize would be to write that data to a DB.

Secondly
I need to get postal address details, the current way I am doing it is to ask a question, postal address line 1, postal address line 2 and postal code. This is not ideal and I can see multiple problems with this method, do you have an idea of another way to get this?

your assistance is greatly appreciated

(Daniel Beckett) #2

Hi @fabzster

You can add in the text for any asked questions and then use the outputs from answered questions in an email or webhook.

Here’s a very basic example I’ve put together, it simply asks the user two questions and emails the answers:

There’s a catch-all setup to trigger the flow and then two questions.

I’m making use of the Messaging service but for emailing there’s also Gmail & SMTP (Outbound Email) available for more functionality.

The outputs are noted by the surrounding {{ }} and are selected by using clicking on the ‘xo’ icon when editing an action.

For postal details you could look at using a third party service for a lookup - for example, ask them to provide a postcode and then make a HTTP request to a validation service to pull back the full address.

Hopefully that helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Dan

(Fabio) #3

Hi

Many thanks for the prompt response it is much appreciated,

Would it not make sense to have an array available that has all questions and answers that could just save to a database, as the flow is edited, we would need to constantly make manual changes, which is counter productive.

The transcript is for regulatory purposes, which I am sure a lot of people are going to need to satisfy those requirements.

Edit:

Additionally what I failed to mention initially is that I have multiple decision paths based off user input, and I will not know beforehand which path is selected and that these quite a few of the questions also contain variables which makes it impossible for me to know what was the actual question at the time for that prospective client.

e.g.

Great choice of device! the current value of your {{get_make_query.result__rows__0__Make}} {{select_model_5.parsed_answer}} is R {{get_premium.result__rows__0__InsuredValue}},

The monthly ALL RISK Premium is R {{get_premium.result__rows__0__AllRiskPremium}} which includes an optional admin fee of R 12.11, this will provide cover for loss, theft, accidental liquid and accidental physical damage.

Would you like me to proceed?

(Daniel Beckett) #4

Hi @fabzster

That’s certainly a nice idea and something worth considering for future updates.

There are the interaction logs where you can review up to 3 months of interactions for your flows and also the user section where you can export user data (including any saved attribute information).