How to pick up an expired flow

(Josh Watts) #1

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about how it might be possible to pick up a conversation with a user if a question is expired. I currently have a questionnaire which prompts a user to start again if they don’t reply and a question expires, but ideally, the flow would remember the point the user got to and go on from there.

Any ideas?

(Daniel Beckett) #2

Hi @Josh_Watts

You can use Attributes to record which question the user got to and then at the start of your flow have GoTo Flowlabels that are Filtered based on the attribute.

I think it’s easier if you see it in action so please take a look at the example flow I’ve setup:

In that Flow I set an attribute called ‘Question’ after each answer that the user gives. For example, if the user answers Question 2 I set the ‘Question’ attribute to ‘Q2’.

8a67e9d4985d191a1ff8e328081e7139.png

Each of the questions also has a label setup which we can use to jump to parts of the Flow.

fd9d40ccd70105dbba4665c408c31cc4.png

This means that at the start of the Flow we can have GoTo labels that checks the Question Attribute and jumps to the relevant question.

4c392beef721c1dae18bc225e70a25b8.png

Hopefully that helps. Please let me know if you have any questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Dan

1 Like
(Josh Watts) #3

Awesome, thanks Daniel! Exactly what I was looking for.