How to get cardset shortcut value?

(Lucas Schlottfeldt) #1

At certain point of my flow, a cardset of options is presented to my user. I need the user to pick one by clicking on a shortcut that carries an ID info for a future HTTP request.
After this action, how do I retrieve the shortcut 's value the user clicked and set a new atribute with this value?

(Daniel Beckett) #2

Hi @Lucas_Schlottfeldt

When the user clicks on the shortcut the value is sent back as a message to the bot. You can trigger another flow using a matching New Message trigger or by using a catch-all trigger. In that flow, you can then set an attribute with the value equalling the message.

(Lucas Schlottfeldt) #3

Thank you for your reply, Daniel.

Unfortunately this aproach don’t help me. All buttons are always the same, but with diferent values. What I need is to capture the button’s value, so I can make a HTTP request using this value to bring the correct information to my user.

Is there another way to achieve it?

(Daniel Beckett) #4

When setting up shortcuts the value is what’s picked up by the bot when the user clicks on the shortcut. That means that you can use it to trigger other flows.

For example, let’s say you have a card setup like so:

The text shown is ‘shortcut’ but the value is ‘shortcut test value’.

Another flow is setup using a New Message trigger with the keywords of ‘shorcut test value’

With that flow switched on, it will be triggered if the user selects the shortcut from the card.

(Soudabe) #5

hi Daniel,

I did not find the new message trigger which you mentioned with this features. Please tell me how can find this?

Actully, I want to catch the new message shortcut value and then continue my flow or start another flow by user answer.

Please help me