How to filter list all rows module from googlesheets?

(Prakhar Monga) #1

If i use “List all rows” module from google sheets.
1 How many rows does it support?
2 How to filter rows with a column has a particular value in it?

I am asking this because “search rows” module does not support if rows are greater than 1000.

(Daniel Beckett) #2

For every method apart from ‘Add a Row’, the maximum number of rows supported is 1,000. This means that unfortunately you’d run into the same problem with list rows.

(Prakhar Monga) #3

As i mentioned earlier i want to make a food ordering bot and store the data in google sheets.
It is obvious the sheet will cross the limit of 1000 rows in few days then how can i retrieve data back in to bot?
I want the restaurent owner to manage the sheet for future reference.
Without storing data the only thing possible is storing the data in attributes and send it over email or in messenger.
one more thing i want to ask
how can i tag or make a person as admin in bot so that i can broadcast the order to that person in messenger?

(Daniel Beckett) #4

Hi @Prakhar_Monga

You can still add a row when there’s more than 1000 rows, it’s just the other actions which won’t work. You could keep historic data in a separate sheet and just clear the main order sheet that you use once an order is completed or after a set amount of time.

To send a message to someone on Messenger they will need to have engaged with your bot so that you have their response path. You can then use the response path to directly message them.

The guide for Using Response Paths in Flow XO has an example of how this works: