How to catch Contact Sharing from Telegram

(Павел Яковенко) #1

Hi all
I didn’t find the answer, so decided to post this topic.
I have one flow that ends with http call to Telegram. It’s message with button that type is “request_contact”. Request works properly, but I cant catch sharing the contact.
I’m trying to do it it new flow. I used all type of triggers (New Message, New File, Catch all) but it doesn’t work. What I’m doing wrong?

2 Likes
(Karen Barker) #2

Hi there, :wave:

Unfortunately we don’t support the callback buttons such as the request_contact button in telegram. Whilst the functionality looks like it works within the bot, we don’t receive the returned values. The only way to gather the users telephone number I’m afraid would be to use the Ask a Question service and ask the user to input their telephone number manually. You would then be able to capture and use the value they entered in future actions. :thumbsup:

(Mosn) #3

Hi karen,

I wanted to check if there’s any update on this or maybe you can suggest us an alternative way to get the response from request_contact

Bests

(Karen Barker) #4

Hi @mosn,

Unfortunately there’s been no change in this situation I’m afraid, so the only way to gather a users contact information is to use the Ask a Question action for them to add this manually. Thanks. :slight_smile:

(Egor) #5

Hey Flow Team,

Is there any update on the topic? Is there any way to catch shared telegram contact?

We’ve tried to setup a custom python bot to filter and handle only contact sharing messages, but it seems in this case FlowXO bot stops working and doesn’t receive anything from the user. Probably because it is not possible to run multiple servers with the same bot token.

Maybe you can suggest a workaround?

Thanks!