How do response paths work?

Hi - I’m getting some unexpected errors on my first flow.

Trying to set up a bot upside down to normal. My staff answer questions themselves on our website. I want to set up the bot to ask them a bunch of FAQ for training. The website is for a hotel.

My vision is that I set up a bot that asks questions, identifies key words and then gives feedback to the person based on whether they hit all the key words or not.

I have created 2 questions: Is there a pool? What time is checkout?

They select either 1 or 2 and the bot asks the relevant question and that’s working fine.

When the operator answers the question, it should write back a new message with either correct or incorrect message (depending if they hit all the key words or now).

But it comes out blank. this is the flow I set up (UI doesnt match the tutorials so i’m a bit confused).

This is the response path that I set up (default didn’t work) for correct answer for is there a pool

For correct answer for is there a pool, I used the default and it didn’t work. so I created {{is_there_a_pool.parsed_answer}}

But getting blank responses and still getting blanks. Any help?

(Daniel Beckett) #2

Hi @DC_TG

The following tutorial explains Response Paths in more detail and how they can be used:

If you’re using any of the Bot Triggers then you normally don’t need to change from the default response path. I can’t see your entire flow but it looks like it’s just the default one that you should be using :slight_smile:

There could be another issue with why the message isn’t being sent. The best place to check would be the Interaction Logs. If you see any errors in there please let me know.

Thanks,
Dan