How do I stop the Bot from starting again?

(Janet Mohapi-Banks) #1

Once people have gone through the flow, some of them say “thank you” which restarts the Bot and it sends them the welcome message again. How do I stop this please?

Also a lady who wanted to sell me a Bot Audit told me that I should send an unsubscribe message at the end of the flow. How do I this too please?

Thank you!

(Daniel Beckett) #2

To have your flow run only once you could use a New Message Trigger with ‘start’ as a keyword and a filter set so that the message equals start. To make sure the flow never runs again even if the user manually types ‘start’ you could also add in an Attribute and another filter to the trigger so that it doesn’t start the flow if the attribute has been set.

So something like this:

With a filter for:

Here’s an example flow showing how this works:

For an example on creating subscribe & unsubscribe options please see the following tutorial:

Hope that helps! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks,
Dan

(Janet Mohapi-Banks) #3

Thanks Dan.

I have a New Message trigger that starts the rest of the flow but the Bot Welcome Message comes up regardless of what you type in to him. Do you know how I stop that from happening? Cheers

(Daniel Beckett) #4

You can stop the welcome message from being sent by adding a new flow that uses a catch-all trigger. All you’ll need to do is add the trigger and switch the flow on and this will stop the messages :slight_smile:

(Janet Mohapi-Banks) #5

Thank you. I’ve installed that flow and started it running. If they do anything like a thumbs up or smiley face or type anything at all, it still restarts the bot with the welcome message though. But I guess this is better than it was. Thanks again.