How do I add the Get Started button in Messenger?

(Owen) #1

How do I add the Get Started button in Messenger?

(Ryan McGuinness) #2

Hi Owen,

When you begin a new conversation in messenger, it will be the first interaction you have with the bot.

Messenger sometimes can be buggy, if you aren’t seeing the message try typing a message to the bot. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps,

Ryan.

(Aly Dabbous) #3

Hello, There is an error in my “Get Started” button. Its supossed to trigger a flow but when I press it, the flow isn’t triggered… It just locks in and I can’t even type or talk with the bot. Please help.

(Owen) #4

Still not seeing the Get Started button on any bots made with flowxo. It isn’t being added automatically, so how do I set up this button?

(John Jackson) #5

Can you please connect to our own bot (search ‘flow xo’ in Messenger). Do you see the Get Started button and work OK for you? Have you tried deleting the bot conversation in Messenger and completely restarting? (Find the bot in the left hand side list and click the cog icon, then click delete).

(Gopal Raju) #6

Hi Team,

Could you please suggest the steps to configure get started button in facebook chat bot.

Regards,
Gopal.S

(Karen Barker) #7

Hi Gopal,

The Get Started button should be displayed by default the first time a user connects to your bot in messenger. Once you’ve connected once you’ll only see it again if you delete the chat and re-add. :+1:

(Kevin Bieschke) #8

When anyone hits the Get Started button with my bot (for the first time) the bot responds with the welcome message even though “Get Started” is setup to trigger something else.

Is there a way around that?

(Sebastian Weiß) #9

Hi Karen,
Hi John,

I got the same problem. That there is no Get Started button when i start the bot.

You can test it there: https://www.facebook.com/ShopwareChatbot/
There is no get starte button, but if you write anything the bot will reply

yes it is working

Yes. Even tried with a new Facebook Account. There is no Get Started Button

When I use Chatfuel to connect to the same page. It will show the getting started button. (Chatfuel is of courese deactivated)

(Karen Barker) #10

Hi Sebastian,

I see you’ve sent this in to our support team. I’ll respond to you there as I’ll probably require a bit more information as well.

Regards
Karen :slight_smile:

(Roger Swannell) #11

Hi,

I’m experiencing the same problem. I’ve tried lots of different combinations of triggers and filters but whenever I click Get Started in a new chat with my bot (https://www.messenger.com/t/interniser) the bot doesn’t respond and the Get Started button is greyed-out.

Any idea what the solution is?

Thanks

(Roger Swannell) #12

I think I can see why it isn’t triggering. The logs are showing Get Started as an Invalid Response Path.

Why would that be? What am I doing wrong?

(Karen Barker) #13

Hi Roger,

Once you click the Get Started button it should disappear, then dependent on the triggers of your flows will depend how the bot next responds. When I tried your bot I clicked the Getting Started button, it disappeared, then the bot didn’t return any message until after I sent another message.

Do you have a catchall trigger switched on somewhere but no actions in that flow? That’s the only reason I can think that you wouldn’t get anything returned. Normally I’d expect to see the welcome message if no flows had triggered. If you’re wanting a keyword flow to trigger on clicking the Getting Started button you will need to set the keyword as start.

With regards to the response path issue. The response path is a unique reference to each instance of a conversation with a bot on each platform. It is what allows you to converse with a user and ensures the messages go to the correct user. A user must initiate the conversation with our bots before you can respond to them, as this is how we create the response path. Within the Flow XO UI, the response path is automatically filled in unless the trigger is listening for an event from a different service rather than a message from a user.

If you need any further help with this please email in to support@flowxo.com, with a copy of your flow and logs and we’ll be able to guide you further from there. :slight_smile: