How come I only see the last hour or so of live chat records?

(Philip Mccarthy) #1

Hi All
Today I was actively looking through the last few days of live chat records but I’ve just noticed the list is now restricted to the last hour or so. Can’t figure out why. I’ve got ‘All Conversations’ selected.
Thanks, Phil.

(Karen Barker) #2

Hi @Philip_Mccarthy, :wave:

Unfortunately I’m not seeing the same thing in my account. If this is still occurring for you could you please email us screenshots of the Live Chat Console and your users section to support@flowxo.com and we’ll take a closer look.

(Philip Mccarthy) #3

Hi Karen
Attached/Uploaded to this message is a screenshot of the live chat records as they exist now. They now go back further in time, but I need to look back even further particularly since all the comments/sharing records are there. I understand that is a bug - I only want to see private FB Messenger messages sent to my FB page but I can’t go back far enough to get to them. Thanks, Phil

(Karen Barker) #4

Hi @Philip_Mccarthy,

When you have a bot connected to a page when a user speaks to your page they automatically connect to your bot. Any chat you see before they get put into live chat mode would be that with the bot. The live chat console should only show you this and allow you an option to message the user if they get stuck in the bot or want to talk to a human.

The live chat console will also only show any conversations from the time a bot is connected to the page and conversations will be limited to 2 weeks if you are on a free plan and 3 months on a paid plan.

Whilst we have this bug it is possible to log into your Facebook page and access all conversations and respond to them from here. You simply need to navigate to the Facebook page and then click on Inbox. :slight_smile:

(Philip Mccarthy) #5

Hi Karen
My bot is connected to our FB page and I can see all the messages in the Messenger inbox. I still have the issue where I can see a message that was sent over the weekend, and now I want to conduct a live chat through FlowXO but I can’t go back enough in time in the ‘Live Chat’ window to ‘Start’ the live chat. I’ve got two accounts with FlowXO. One is paid (work) and the other is not (private). I’ve looked at both and coincidentally they both show the last 15 messages at any time. Is this a threshold of some kind? If it weren’t for the bug, I could probably manage but since all the public post comments come in here, it pushes the records I really need off into the ether. Thanks, Phil.

(Daniel Beckett) #6

Hi @Philip_Mccarthy

Which web browser do you use?

Can you try from another web browser like Google Chrome? Preferably in a private / incognito browsing session to make sure no add-ons are interfering.

(Philip Mccarthy) #7

Hi Daniel
Sorry about delay in reply, the first time I tried to reply to this no messages would appear in the ‘Live Chat’ window at all and then I’ve been travelling for work.
I’ve got flowxo open in both Chrome and Firefox right now, and the ‘Live Chat’ window shows exactly 15 records for ‘All Conversations’ in both browsers which is the same as always happens. I can’t go back any further in time, and because flowxo is showing all the people simply commenting on our public facing Facebook posts, I can’t start live chats with any number of people that have been pushed down off the list. The best I can do is respond to them via the messenger channel in Facebook, but if they reply back the chatbot starts up, and its only then that I can see them in the ‘All Conversations’ and I can then start ‘Chatting Live’ but first I have to apologise for the chatbot kicking in which is confusing for them. Regards, Phil.

(Daniel Beckett) #8

Hi @Philip_Mccarthy

Did you also try from a private / incognito browsing session with any browser addons or extensions disabled?

(Philip Mccarthy) #9

Hi Daniel
Sorry you did ask me to do that. I’ve opened a new ‘Incognito’ tab in Chrome, but the conversations don’t load, it just hangs (see upload screenshot). If open normal tab in Chrome the conversations load ok but still with only 15 records.

Interestingly I’ve logged into flowxo on my iPhone and I can scroll back through many conversations (more than 15) so iOS does not appear to have the same issue. Although there is still the problem of all the comments/shares on public posts appearing here which makes finding past conversations really difficult.

Thanks, Phil.

(Daniel Beckett) #10

Hi @Philip_Mccarthy

When you opened up Live Chat in an Incognito Window did you also have Live Chat open in another window or tab? That can cause a problem like the one you saw with a blank page. If you can try again with just one session open that would be best.

We’ve been able to recreate the issue you’ve seen by using some extensions like uBlock Origin (other ad blockers or script blockers may also affect it) and also by changing the browser zoom level. It’s somewhat inconsistent however and doesn’t always happen in the tests.

This has been raised as a bug for further investigation but in the meantime if you could ensure that you’re using no browser extensions and that your browser zoom level is set to the default 100% that may resolve the issue for you.

(Philip Mccarthy) #11

Thanks Daniel, shall do. Regards, Phil.