Hiding a flow based on an attribute

(Beth Madden) #1

I am hoping you can assist me, I am working on a Messenger bot that will support registration, questions and answers and pull relevant offers. I have been successful in capturing registration into a google sheet and adding the Attribute Registered. However, I would like the Register Now flow to be hidden once someone is registered. Currently it will still show the button but when you click on it nothing happens, I would rather hide it versus showing a message saying they are already registered. Any thoughts on how I can accomplish this?

Thanks.

(Karen Barker) #2

Hi Beth, :wave:

Is it the welcome message that’s showing these buttons or a message that you are creating :question:

If it’s a message that you’re creating in the bot then you could have 2 versions of the message filtered on whether the attribute exists or not.

If it’s the welcome message that’s causing the button to be sent then the only way to turn this off or vary it would be to have an extra flow with a catchall trigger. Then in that flow create the 2 different versions of the message, again filtering these on the attribute value.

We do actually have an idea on the roadmap as well to allow you to turn the welcome message off entirely. If this would be of interest to you then please do vote on it here.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

(Beth Madden) #3

Thanks. Yes it was the welcome message. I will try and see how I might use another catchall trigger, to help with this issue obviously we don’t want to prompt for something that has already been done.