Freshdesk android app email quoted portion not parsed out by flowxo

Hi, I am setting up a helpdesk email powered chat flow using these instructions: https://support.flowxo.com/article/150-messaging

This is working well when I send ticket replies via the freshdesk web and ios app, however when using the freshdesk android app, the signature and quoted email format is not being parsed out correctly.

Here is an image of what I am talking about. @Flowxo.co do you have any suggestions on how this can be overcome?

(Daniel Beckett) #2

@cody

Just to confirm, have the following steps been taken in Freshdesk?

* Go to Admin > Email Notifications > Requester Notifications and turn off New Ticket Created and Agent Adds Comment to Ticket.
* Go to Admin > Email Notifications > Reply Templates and remove everything from the body.

Make sure you use your forwarded support email address (support@flowxo.com) rather than the Freskdesk email address (???@freshdesk.com). This will ensure message threading works properly.

@DanielBeckett yes I have taken those steps. And everything is working as expected when using the web client and ios client for freshdesk. Only the android client causes the bad behavior.

The only difference is that I am using the freshdesk support email address directly. I don’t have another one set up and don’t really need it. I assumed this was fine as it is more about consistency.

@Flowxo.co any other ideas what we might be able to do? Is there some way I can intercept return messages within the platform and use code to regex out anything I don’t want?

(Daniel Beckett) #6

@cody

I’ve tested the Android app and can confirm that I’m seeing the same problem. Unfortunately this is really something that would need to be fixed by the Freshdesk team as our integration is working for web and iOS so there’s something different about the way that their Android app is working.

It may be worth reaching out to their support team to see if they have any ideas on why the app is behaving in such a way.

@DanielBeckett are you able to tell what the difference is in the email structure that is causing flowxo’s system to fail the parsing step? I’ve already got a support ticket open with the freshdesk team but it would be nice to give them some more specifics on what is going on.

At this point I have a plan in mind to circumvent this - I’ll just create a simple microservice that will act as a middleman between freshdesk and flowxo and does proper regex to remove unwanted extra cruft on the messages.

(Daniel Beckett) #8

Hi @cody

I’m honestly not certain what the problem would be right now. I’ve raised this as a bug with our development team for investigation. In regards to your workaround that’s a great idea and I think it should do the trick! :slight_smile: