Flow XO and DialogFlow

(Andrea Doyon) #1

Hi!

When I reach a point in DialogFlow where I have collect as much information as possible (intent, entity and parameters / value) to start a specific flow in Flow XO, how should I proceed?

When using Chatfuel, I can simply trigger a custom payload from DialogFlow that will be catch by Chatfuel and trigger a flow.

Basically here is what I do:

• User start talking to Flow XO
  • All conversation goes in DialogFlow
  • I start building context and have various intent follow-up
  • At some point I reach a stage where I have a clear understanding of the fulfillment I want to start
  • I would like to use Dialogflow to trigger a Flow in Flow XO with pre-define attributes

Cheers! :slight_smile:

(Daniel Beckett) #2

There’s a webhooks & HTTP trigger than you can use to start a flow from an external webhook. That may be able to help.

You’ll want to make sure you have the response path saved somewhere if you plan on using the chatbot.

(Andrea Doyon) #3

Thanks (again) for the answer! :slight_smile:

Since I forward the conversation to Dialogflow and it may take multiple conversation before I end up with an actual event that will trigger back Flow XO, is there any way for the answer from Dialogflow to be parse by Flow XO so I can trigger action? (Like in Chatfuel?)

If not, in this case can I save a global response path for the user and not for the chat session? (Like a user database?)

(Daniel Beckett) #4

I’m not entirely familiar with what options you have on the Dialogflow side. If you’re able to send out a webhook on a specific event then the webhooks & HTTP service would allow you to capture the data and start a flow.

The response paths are a global response path between the user and the bot. It’s not on a per conversation basis.