Fetch data - AWS S3 Buckets

Hi,

I have a question. I am trying to build a bot that will combine several files on a Lambda service. Is it possible to get a fetch command fetching data and displaying it from an amazon s3 bucket.

The reason being is to have it dynamically update the answers you can choose from. (multiple choice bubble style)

Example:
Lets say I want to create a video with a name rendered into, I would like to present the choices the user can choose from and S3 bucket since I have all the files there already.

Hope I am being clear and thank you.

(Karen Barker) #2

Hi @matimoon

You should be able to use the Amazon S3 Rest API along with our Webhooks & HTTP service in order to retrieve information from the bucket. There’s a tutorial here that might help on using data from 3rd parties within Flow XO.

You can then use the values returned in the webhook to populate future Questions/messages in the flow using Data Outputs.

Give me a shout if you have any issues. :slight_smile:

Hi Karen,

Thank you very much for your reply.
I am trying to get the data from the s3 bucket to be presented as multiple choice answers.

I am trying to get a question like:

Question: “What is the genre?”
And the answer taken from here: https://x67owmb82e.execute-api.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/dev/getSongParts?part=00_00_backingtracks

Please let me know if that is possible to do, and thank you very much.

(Karen Barker) #4

Hi,

When you get the data back from the webhook you can use data outputs in order to fill in the choice options on your question. You can have 10 choices on a question but these can all be filled in with data outputs - if the data output is empty the choice won’t show.

There’s a tutorial here that shows how to use data from the web inside Flow XO.