FB Messenger Events Logging

(ality) #1

I have a Facebook messenger app, I am trying to log events at certain stages of my flow (ie. user has entered personal details, user has applied for job etc). I want to be able to send these events so that I can get more detailed information on my users (that facebook offer).

I see there is something for FB Event logging, however this seems to only get Predefined Events for Messenger Bots “fb_messenger_bot_message_sent” which doesn’t offer much information about where a user gets to in a flow.

Is there a way to send specific data about the message sent (the stage they get up to), in the same way you would send a webhook to google analytics to log an event.

Thanks!

(Daniel Beckett) #2

@ality

How about setting attributes for the user at different sections of your flow? Once the attribute is set you know they reached that section on the flow.

(ality) #3

Hey Daniel,

Yeah I already have internal stats, but this is more to utilise the information that Facebook offer (they already have demographics / locations of users) and need it to work in with other data we track on the FB platform.

Do you know if this is possible?

(Daniel Beckett) #4

Most of the Facebook Analytic docs seems to be tailored more towards custom setups, i.e. independently developed and managed apps, sites and bots. I can’t see any specific mention of support for webhook endpoints that could be used to send or query data between Flow XO and the analytics API.

I know some other users have had success with services like Dashbot.io to get additional analytics which could be worth looking into.

(ality) #5

Is there any update to this? There seems to be the ability to add message tags with messenger: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/messenger-platform/send-messages/message-tags

I feel this would allow us to track certain stages of where users get up to, we is a feature we desperately require with messenger or even the ability to send message types and refine this down in the messneger tracking