Facebook Enhancements - me.me Referral Links, Likes & Auth

(John Jackson) #1

We’ve made some changes to our Facebook Messenger integration:

• Referral links (e.g. http://m.me/mybot?ref=myparam) can now be used with Flow XO. You’ll receive the ref parameter in the metadata that comes with certain messages. More details in our updated FB Messenger help doc.
  • We’ve simplified setting up Messenger bots so you can now connect a bot with only a page, and without having to wait on the app being reviewed. This is now the default option when setting up a Messenger bot but you can still connect with app & page if you prefer.
  • Likes now come through as the message ‘/like’ (they used to show up as files).
  • The pages selection now supports up to 500 pages, whereas before it was only 25 and caused a problem for some power users.

We hope you like the improvements :slight_smile:

How can I trigger a flow after clicking button on my website?
(Anish Duggal) #2

This is awesome!!!

Can I change a current bot from app to page or would I have to build/copy a new bot?

Thanks

(John Jackson) #3

You can’t change from one mode to another, although you can create a new page-only bot for the same page as another is already connected, then delete the old one.

Just bear in mind your response paths will change, which won’t affect flows unless you store the response paths somewhere. Also you’ll start again with zero users if you use the broadcast service.

Glad you like it :+1:

(Anish Duggal) #4

Thank you, building a new bot now. Can I connect or edit my old flows to work with the new bot or would I need to build new flows?

(John Jackson) #5

The flows will work fine, no need to create new ones. Just go into your triggers and make sure they’re either listening on all bots or that your new FB bot is selected.

(Costa) #6

Is there an advantage to connecting via the App method? I’m guessing the only advantage is showing up in Messenger searches?

(John Jackson) #7

You’ll actually still show up in searches even if you connect via page-only.

One advantage to connecting page & app is that you’ll be able to access FB analytics (although you know have analytics direct from Flow XO), and you’ll also get a notification and details every time someone rates your bot.

Other than that, the two methods are not so different except that one is vastly easier than the other!