Emoji in income messages

(Roman Shlyapkin) #1

Hi,

How can a catch emojis, that users send to the chatbot? It would be perfect if I can catch all of them in filters and then replace using regex.

Thanks)

(Daniel Beckett) #2

Hi @Roman_Shlyapkin

Emojis are detected when you send a message so you should be able to filter off them and use them in actions.

(Roman Shlyapkin) #3

Is it possible to catch all of them using regex?

(Daniel Beckett) #4

I believe it would be possible but you’d have the challenge of needing to detect every possible emoji. There’s a post over on Stack Overflow that discusses this:

(Roman Shlyapkin) #5

Hi @DanielBeckett

I tried different options, but I still couldn’t understand, what I should type in Filter - Value to catch emojis, not one but more.

(Karen Barker) #6

Hi @Roman_Shlyapkin,

What exactly are you trying to achieve here?

You’d be looking at using the Code Service to find the emoji’s in a given message. Unfortunately there wouldn’t be any way to handle this in a filter as the filters don’t support regex values.

(Roman Shlyapkin) #7

Thanks, @KarenBarker,

I want to understand when a user sends emoji and reply emoji to him/her. Now I use a filter “Equals one of” - and many emojis after it, but it’s not the best way, because I couldn’t catch " :slight_smile:" or ":slight_smile: ".
I’m not a developer, I don’t know any programming language.

(Karen Barker) #8

Hi Roman,

Unfortunately using filters, what you’re currently doing is the only way to handle this. :disappointed:

What you could give a try is using the Text “Find Matches” action and use the regex found here. This action will return any matches found in the message and then hopefully you should be able to filter your response messages based on this action.