Delays between messages

(Vila Vg) #1

hello

any way to add in delays for bot responses so it take a little while and feels more natural?

Thanks!

1 Like
(Karen Barker) #2

Hi there,

You could use the wait service to add a delay between sending messages if you wanted. However, the minimum time that you can specify for a wait would be 1 minute, which I guess might be more frustrating than natural for the end user!?! :grimacing:

(Vila Vg) #3

yeah, any way to make it seem more gradual than this one spurt of messages too fast for a user to read…

(Matt Durr) #4

Being able to set the wait service to lower than a minute would be extremely helpful. 5-20 sec would be ideal for a more natural conversation. I’ve used the 1 min on a Flow and it feels like forever.

A “hack” option would be to use the Code service to set a timeout in JavaScript. (I’ve not tested this). Downside there though is you’re limited to a 5-sec runtime.

(Khashayar) #5

You can. Choose “wait until a date” and input +2s in the date field for a two second wait.

2 Likes
(Matt Durr) #6

You can. Choose “wait until a date” and input +2s in the date field for a two second wait.

Just tried that out - works really well! Thanks!

I think OP was asking for a way to do this within each flow action (like a delay field on the Filter tab). But this at least works for now. :clap:

(John Jackson) #7

What a great idea! :smiley:

(Khashayar) #8

Stole it from a post by Kellsey that I happened to see a while back!

(Vema Reddy) #9

Here is a youtube video on this:

3 Likes