Custom requesto to send an image to telegram

(Augusto Vera) #1

Hello team, I have read all the the threads on how to receive an image from a user, it seems you have to use the file trigger to obtain the URL, nevertheless how do you make the custom request to capture the image itself?.

Thanks!.

(Karen Barker) #2

Hi Augusto,

Unfortunately there is no way to set up capturing an image from a user by custom request I’m afraid… A custom request will always be the bot sending something to the user as opposed to the user sending to the bot. :disappointed:

Hello Augusto, I can see you are conversant with receiving images from users. would you mind sharing how to receive an image and also a document from a user?

Thanks

(Augusto Vera) #4

That is what I am trying to figure out, how to get a grip on something like an image, or at least a temporary URL were to copy that sent picture from in Telegram. I saw this post that gives some orientation, but the answers were left unfinished.

(Augusto Vera) #5

If not by custom request at least I would love to know how to do it by file trigger, it seems something can be done that way.

(Karen Barker) #6

Hi Augusto,

When the New File flow is triggered you are given a URL to where the file is stored in the output of the trigger.

There’s a couple of flows here that show the basic set up of asking for an image and the new file trigger:

When Flow 2 is triggered you’ll be able to see a URL for the file in your interaction logs:

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Several images upload and handling logic in FlowXO
Wait until File Upload
Several question