Countdown timer

(Ian Lawrence) #1

What would be the best way to create this? kind of this offer will be available for 1 6 hours and 32 minutes

(Anish Duggal) #2

Just tossing out some ideasā€¦

Depending on how often you want to remind the user you could use the WAIT service and then trigger different messages at time intervals of your choosing (could get annoying).

Then there is the issue that they could just restart the bot and go again.

You would probably have to set up some filtering based on FB_ID or something that stays the same.

(Karen Barker) #3

Hi Ian,

Hmmmā€¦ :thinking:

Couple of other thoughts to throw around, not sure there is a great solution to this Iā€™m afraid.

• You could open a webview to display the offer with a countdown running on the page.
  • Another option could be an animated gif, but for longer periods of time this probably isnā€™t going to work.
(Ian Lawrence) #4

Hi

I actually wanted to run my whole sales funnel inside messenger but i just read that your advice for taking payments is to use stripe in a webview so maybe i have to use them. Is there a good tutorial on using webviews in flowxo?

:slight_smile:[quote=ā€œAnish, post:2, topic:1558ā€]

Depending on how often you want to remind the user you could use the WAIT service and then trigger different messages at time intervals of your choosing (could get annoying).
[/quote]

I would like a countdown timer showing a clock with something like ā€˜This offer ends in 6 hours, 10 mins and 30 secondsā€™. I do not want to actually have users really waiting :slight_smile:

Thanks for the answers

(Ian Lawrence) #5

Hi

I thought you might have been joking about the gif but it seems this way might work. I found a way here which might work

Thanks!

(Anish Duggal) #6

@Ian_Lawrence

Ian,

If you get this to work, please let me know. Iā€™d love to be able to add countdown functionality to my bot funnels.

Thanks

(Ian Lawrence) #7

Hi

I made a countdown timer @Anish It has the facebook font and background color and counts down to tomorrow London time

you can use it in a flow like

{
  "recipient":{
    "id":"{{some_trigger.user_id}}"
  },
  "message":{
    "attachment":{
      "type":"image",
      "payload":{
        "url":"https://chatsecrets.com/downloads/countdown/gif.php?time=tomorrow"
      }
    }
  }
}

Hope this help

4 Likes
(Anish Duggal) #8

@Ian_Lawrence
Cool, Thank you so much.

(John Jackson) #9

This is clever @Ian_Lawrence :+1:

thanks @Ian_Lawrence for sharing this. Can you please provide some details on how to change the background color of the GIF countdown? Tks

I just found this free GIF countdown generator where you can customize the background color. Works great. https://www.sendtric.com/

1 Like