Check for job completed status from Google Sheet

• I have created 3 delivery jobs in Google Sheet.

job name | job ID | status
    fruit delivery |1234|
    drink delivery |2468|
    bread delivery|3690|

• I have designed a flow that will send a Telegram Bot message once any of the job has a ‘completed’ status.

fruit delivery |1234|
    drink delivery |2468|
    bread delivery|3690|completed

• Telegram Bot will send a message ‘Job 3690’ has been completed. (I am able to achieve this)

• If more than 1 jobs has been completed, the bot will only send a message of the latest ‘completed’ jobs.

fruit delivery |1234|
    drink delivery |2468|completed
    bread delivery|3690|completed

• Bot should send a message ‘Job 2468’ has been completed.

However, I am still receiving ‘Job 3690’ has been completed in my bot. (not able to achieve this step)
How do I go about achieving update for the latest job completed update?

(Karen Barker) #2

Hi @timku :wave:

You’ll need a flow which starts with a Google Sheets > Row Updated trigger. This will then listen for whenever a row is updated and carry out any further tasks you require on that row.

Hope this helps. :thumbsup:

@KarenBarker
I have tried that method with Telegram Bot and it seems that the “Row Updated Trigger” flow will only work when the row being updated in Google Sheet is within seconds from the time the flow is being synchronized. Apart from that, the Bot will not send the any job status update when the synchronize time is several minutes remaining. Is there a way to solve this problem as well?

@KarenBarker
Below is the flow that I have come up with and the description as described in the original post.

(Karen Barker) #5

Hi Timku,

The Row Update trigger is a polling trigger. The polling time varies depending on the pricing plan which you are on. For a paid account the polling time is 1 minute and for a free account is is every 5 minutes. At the end of the polling time the flow will then trigger for each and every row which has been updated since the last trigger.

Can I check apart from the Row Update trigger, is it possible to receive a webhook directly from Google Sheet when the something is being updated?

I have tried creating a new flow with Update Row trigger and it seems that the flow was not even triggered. Is there anything that I have missed out? I have set the response path value in the Google Sheet.
https://flowxo.com/share/edvbj6jy

(Daniel Beckett) #8

@timku

You’d need to look into the Google Sheets API to see if that’s possible. As far as I’m aware you’d be setting up a custom polling trigger of your own for this. From within Flow XO we have the update row polling trigger which will run every 1 minute or every 5 minutes depending on whether you are on the free or standard plan.

(Daniel Beckett) #9

What do you see in the interaction logs for your flow? Also, have you tried testing at least 5 minutes after the trigger was first setup and activated? The first polling trigger will pull through the information from the sheet and then use this to compare against subsequent polling requests. It’s best to wait for 5 to 10 minutes after setting up the trigger before testing.

@DanielBeckett
It’s working fine now! :slight_smile:Thanks for the advice!