Changes in facebook bot

(Kurt) #1

I did not understand exactly some things. Please answer the following questions:

1. What is a promotional message? Is every broadcast a promotional message regardless of the content of the message? Or just messages that contain offers and coupons? And what are deals and coupons on facebook? And what is not promotional message?

2. If the answer above says that every broadcast is a promotional message, if the user interacted with the bot, can I send a broadcast from a 24-hour window?

3. If the answer to the first question is no, then may I rest easy or should I always apply for permission?

My question is what do you understand by “If you’ve only recently created your Messenger bot, then you’ll need to apply for subscription messaging permission straight away. Until then, broadcasts sent to Messenger users may fail.” ? How recent are talking about here ?

Thanks

(John Jackson) #3

It’s hard to know the exact date, but bots created from February onwards are those that may have a problem if subscription messaging at page level is not applied for.

(John Jackson) #4

@kurt Here are Facebook’s policies that details what is acceptable or not: https://developers.facebook.com/policy#messengerplatform

Not every broadcast is a promotional message. For example, you may want to send a notification of some kind to a group of users. But you still must make sure it complies with Facebook’s terms. They are very strict on what content you can broadcast to Messenger users.

It is now a good idea to apply for subscription messaging for your page as early as possible.

(John Jackson) #5

Correct link to Messenger policies: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/messenger-platform/policy/policy-overview

Hi @johnjackson, thanks for your reply. I test this by sending a broadcast to a user 24 hrs after the last interaction and it goes through, does that mean that my bot is not recent and should be exempted until Dec 2018? Or not necessarily?

Thanks.

(John Jackson) #7

That is correct, you’re now fine until 31st December. But would be wise to get your subscription messaging permission as soon as possible anyway then you know you have it.

1 Like
(Kurt) #8

I have some flows in which a wait until a time precedes the sending of messages, day after day. Will such messages also be affected by these facebook changes?

(Karen Barker) #9

Hi @Gregorio_Rodrigues1,

I believe these messages will also be affected and therefore you will need to request the subscription messaging permission. :slight_smile:

(Gregorio Rodrigues) #10

But What about now? Shoul I ask for permission?

(Karen Barker) #11

As long as your bot was created before about February then you do have until the 31st Decemeber to request the permissions. If it’s more recent then you will need to request them now. However even if your bot was created a while ago it would still be wise to make the request as soon as possible so you are covered for the future.