Catch all and start messages

(Francesco Fabietti) #1

Hi,
sorry if these questions have yet an answer in the community channel or documentation (i don’t find this)

• I can’t find how to set a catch-all trigger for all the not mapped phrases or words
  • i don’t understand how “switch off” the first bot message until the user write something

Thanks!

Francesco

1 Like
(Daniel Beckett) #2

A catch-all trigger can be setup by created a new flow and selecting the Catch-all option from the ‘Interact’ triggers.

In regards to the message that you’ve mentioned, is it the welcome message that you’re looking to disable? If so, this is disabled by default when a trigger is detected, e.g. the new message or catch-all triggers.

(Francesco Fabietti) #3

thanks for your reply,
I guess I don’t understand the real meaning of the “catch all” function.

So, in a flow where i set a new message as trigger i can’t define what the bot answer when the user’s message doesn’t contain any of the terms in “words and phrases”?
And if i start a new flow whit “catch all” trigger functions where i can define the trigger words as is in “words and phrases” in this scenario?

For second question: i want disable the first message the bot send (my case attached) before the user write something. You say “this is disabled by default when a trigger is detected, e.g. the new message or catch-all triggers”
but the message appear before user message and i can’t stop it

regards
Francesco

(Daniel Beckett) #4

To stop the welcome message from appearing you would use a catch-all trigger - this intercepts the ‘start’ message sent when the user connects and then whatever is setup in the flow would run or if it’s just the trigger with no actions then it wouldn’t do anything other than stop the bot from sending the welcome message.

1 Like
(egor) #5

Where is this thing now? I need Catch-all, but I can’t find it.

(Daniel Beckett) #6

Hi @serostanow

The catch-all is a trigger so it needs to be the first action in the flow. If you setup a new flow you should be able to see it :slight_smile:

1 Like
(egor) #7

Aaa, exactly :smiley:
Thank you for answer :innocent:

Last question. Can you say please, how can I change phrase, that bot send to user if user make unexpected choise? Bot write “I didn’t get that, can you try again? Make sure you type your answer carefully”. I wanted change this phrase and write it in my language.

(Daniel Beckett) #8

You can change that by editing the question and clicking on the ‘Customize reminders and expiry’ option.

Edit: (and set the custom validation message above of course :smile:)

1 Like
(egor) #9

Thank you brother :wave:

Flowxo is really great :+1:

1 Like
(Felipe Marquardt) #10

Hello
I have a flow working fine with a catchall triger and linked to dialogflow. The only problem I find is that when the chat is started, it shows messages like:

• Didn´t understand what you said.

I imagine that when started, Flow xo is sending someting without meaning, maybe an empty message, to Dialogflow, and then receiving this response ?

(Karen Barker) #11

Hi @agenciaadd

When a new user triggers a flow for the first time a “Start” message is sent to the bot. This allows you to welcome users and guide them in using the bot when they first open it. If you have a catch-all trigger this will therefore be being sent through to Dialog Flow as well. If you don’t want this being sent you can filter the trigger to only run if the message is not equal to start. Otherwise perhaps this is something you might like to utilise to welcome the user and therefore you could add an intent in DialogFlow. :slight_smile: