Card from RSS feed looks wrong

(Yehuda Ziner) #1

Why does my card looks like this:

(Yehuda Ziner) #2

And not like this:

(Daniel Beckett) #3

@yziner

Can you show an example of how you have the card setup?

(Yehuda Ziner) #4

@DanielBeckett
this is my setup from the following data:

"rss": {
    "version": "2.0",
    "channel": {
      "title": "All News",
      "link": "https://www.investing.com",
      "item": [
        {
          "enclosure": {
            "url": "https://i-invdn-com.akamaized.net/trkd-images/LYNXMPEE620LL_L.jpg",
            "length": "115865",
            "type": "image/jpeg"
          },
          "title": "Major League Baseball roundup: Porcello tags Scherzer in Red Sox win",
          "pubDate": "2018-07-03 09:32:00",
          "author": "Reuters",
          "link": "https://www.investing.com/news/general-news/major-league-baseball-roundup-porcello-tags-scherzer-in-red-sox-win-1516043"
        }

(Daniel Beckett) #5

What is it that you’re expecting to see? The only difference I can really see is that the other card isn’t using a title and has text added.

(Yehuda Ziner) #6

@DanielBeckett Ok… so the differance is that the first one is a Link card as opposed to the second one which image with caption card. So the question now is there an option to send image with caption here?

see the differnce in this photo btween the first message (from flowxo) to the second (manualy posted photo with caption and a link in it) the second looks much better and like the test consule showed it should be. I tried the image action but there is no place to add the cation there.

(Karen Barker) #7

Hi there,

Which platform are you using to display the card - this looks like Telegram to me?

Unfortunately each platform we support renders the card set slightly differently and image 1 shows exactly how we would expect to see a card rendered on Telegram.

You could look at using a Custom Request to the Telegram API. There’s the Send Photo option which allows for a caption but this would be a single line rather than the Title, description and Link.

(Yehuda Ziner) #8

Thank @KarenBarker the second comment from the top is actually how chatfuel autoposting from RSS feed. so Iguess it is not the telegram display issue. rather the method flowxo uses to post it to telegram.

And the second message screenshot on my last comment is when I manualy entered the caption (on line field) but clicked Enter for new lines used Cntrl+B for bold and just typed the link as text (the hyperlink was generated automatically).

Can you help me with the Json syntax of an image+caption for the custom request? (already checked the support article but no luck)

(Karen Barker) #9

Hi,

There’s a flow here that you can install which should hopefully help you see how the JSON should look for this request. I’ve used HTML markdown in the example in order to format line breaks.

(Yehuda Ziner) #10

@KarenBarker Thank you so much it worked perfect!!!

Now my card look slik.